Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker - 53 break in match

Hello,

Another video different to the practice routines ones as previous, this one was in a match where a 53 break was enough to win the frame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=971ZccyhhWU

any comments will be appreciated.
    Last edited by Jy1471; 7 December 2017, 01:04 PM.

What match was this? You had to respot the balls yourself?

You hit the ball well but your positioning needs some work, the cue balls doing far too much mileage in my opinion.
    "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Try to appreciate this comment, match my arse !

The reds are placed for a set up practise routine and no sign of an opponent, who should be spotting the colours and counting the break, or even his shadow on the wall.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Billy Bull****er! A match against your imaginary friend lol.

Comment

ouch! ....

Comment

Really don’t understand what your all getting at.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jy1471 View Post
              Really don’t understand what your all getting at.
              What they mean was that it wasn't a match but I think you meant to say you set up a match type frame.

You have a good rhythm and will improve with practice. The T routine will be good for working on soft stuns and screws as will the line up without touching a cushion.

Get that ****e off the wall though!

Comment

Match play or not. I wish I could play like that. Having a highest break of 127 is either a total clearance or the very least all the reds and then breaking down on the colors. That's some serious skill mate. Well done!
                Last edited by rimmer10; 8 December 2017, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Snooker - 53 break in match

Can't pretend that breaks in solo practice compare to breaks in a match...

But you posted a video and that gives you more credability than most of the regular commenters on here.

Comment

I still like the way you threw your hair

Comment

Decent play. It wasn't a match though.

Solo breaks vs match breaks are totally different.

Comment

Irrespective of the 'practice routine versus match' debate, here's a couple of quick observations;

- It looks as though you are cueing slightly too far away from the cue ball (bridge hand to cue ball distance and long backswing). To me, it all just looks a tad unstable. I'd suggest experimenting with a somewhat more compact action.
                        - Positional play needs tightening up / requires closer control.

Nice video though - thanks for sharing.
                        Highest break - 145
                        Playing cue - an old antique Burroughs & Watts 'London Soho Square' 1 piece maple - 58" / 16.5oz / with a 10mm tip

"Fantabulous!"...

Comment

The trouble with the 'match' scenario question is that it may also cast doubt on a high break of 127. Was that also in a 'match', or in a solo practice session? Or even a line up?

I'd agree with 147Levitt and say your bridgehand is too far away and you're loose with the cue ball, moving it around a bit too much. You look like you get through the ball well though so keep it up and enjoy
                          I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

The place I'm living is quite a distant place, so I have no playing partners here anywhere. Therefore I will never reach any highest match break.

First years when I got my table, I had some serious and tight playing sessions tho. I was playing in both roles: Player one was called "Stephen Henri" (my first name is that H) and his opponent was "Steve Tasku" (translated from Finnish to English: 'pocket'). When it was Steve Tasku's turn to play, I flipped/pulled out a pocket from my grey jogging trousers (similar to yours OP) to hang inside-out, so I easily recognized and knew exactly who was on the table doing his magic. Being honest, I must say, these guys were both lousy players - not much magic there but plenty of frustration.

They haven't competed lately. Maybe I should arrange a meet-again-session some day and see if there is any excitement still in the air.

HomeSnookerStars.jpg

I enjoyed your video, sir. Very nice potting.

Comment

Originally Posted by RunningSide View Post
                              The place I'm living is quite a distant place, so I have no playing partners here anywhere. Therefore I will never reach any highest match break.

First years when I got my table, I had some serious and tight playing sessions tho. I was playing in both roles: Player one was called "Stephen Henri" (my first name is that H) and his opponent was "Steve Tasku" (translated from Finnish to English: 'pocket'). When it was Steve Tasku's turn to play, I flipped/pulled out a pocket from my grey jogging trousers (similar to yours OP) to hang inside-out, so I easily recognized and knew exactly who was on the table doing his magic. Being honest, I must say, these guys were both lousy players - not much magic there but plenty of frustration.

They haven't competed lately. Maybe I should arrange a meet-again-session some day and see if there is any excitement still in the air.

[ATTACH]18973[/ATTACH]

I enjoyed your video, sir. Very nice potting.
                              Hahaha, ffs,,, did the two of them argue and accuse each other of too much run..Get a full length mirror, buddy, so you can shake hands at the end of the games ,,, or,,,, have a drink together, or even maybe a brawl...
                              JP Majestic
                              3/4
                              57"
                              17oz
                              9.5mm Elk

Comment

Working...
                              X