Englishman in Wales, Hi folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Englishman in Wales, Hi folks

Been reading through many threads over the last several months since I took up the game. At 40 I don’t expect to become a pro, only managed a handful of mid 20 breaks my highest at 27. Not worrying about setting high targets, just happy learning/practicing the basics and hope things fall into place. I would be over the moon if I can hit anything from 35-50 over the next 12 months.

I’m lucky in a few ways, I work from home and have very flexible hours, work as much or as little as I chose. Secondly I have found a nice little place with two tables only 4 miles away, the place is usually empty, own key and can use it like my own with a light contribution of £2 an hour.

Totally different from the Midlands where I’m from, here I can go days/weeks before seeing anyone else playing there. Not even busy weekend days/evenings.

Joined a team that plays in a small 6 team league that’s lasts Autumn to Spring so I’m getting some basic match play.

I’ve decided to treat/dedicate to the game as I do my photography, hoping the same principles that have lead me to becoming a half decent tog will help me get a grip of the game.

Like photography knowing the basics, good gear and time spent practising is my way forward, there’s no short cut I guess to experience.

I’m hammering Youtube, bought a few books and am currently building a varied bunch of practice routines.

As for gear, I’m using a Riley’s ROS 3 something or other, never played before so hard to know how the cue performs, seems ok and just making the most of it. Will stick with this as I await my new cue to be made, 12-18 month wait on it so just forget about that for now.

Always enjoyed watching the game but now I’m playing it’s a whole different ball game.

Anyhows wanted to say hi and hope I can contribute something here in time. For now I’ll continue to enjoy your posts.

Brett

P.S if anyone has any interest in photography or fighter jets and want to check out any of my shots, they can be found at www.instagram.co.uk/brettcritchley

Can’t edit sorry, link to my shots is
    www.instagram.com/brettcritchley
    Thanks

Comment

Great intro , which cuemaker is making your new cue ?
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Cheers, John Parris for right or wrong.

Comment

Some photography, thought you was in another plane to begin with, strewth, jaw dropping.

Oh, woops, manners...Hello.

Comment

Cheers Andy

Comment

Working...
            X