Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using side spin - who adjusts?

hey all

I have been playing snooker for many years and have had numerous centuries ect. The question i am asking is this:

Is it possible to pot the object ball WITHOUT adjusting your shot to use side spin?

I know some World Coaches who tell me this is not possible but this is something i seem to do quite easily.

Please let me know

You won't need to adjust much for the throw if your playing with stroke, if you use stun it'll throw the white off more.
    Distance plays a part in how much the white will throw obviously and how well you time the shot.

The other consideration is that when using a bit of side on the opposite to the potting angle most shots this will be running side if the white travels back the way however on some stun shots it would be check side when it hits a cushion but the running side shouldn't throw as much as when you check into the ball.

Comment

I thought you said you were coaching all over the world and you don't know the answer to this. No matter what the cue characteristics are when using side the cue ball HAS to be 'pushed' in the opposite direction. However there are shots where the distance is long enough and the speed is slow enough that the side spin will cancel out the 'push'.
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Personally I think an experienced player when using side, automatically compensates and adjusts aims

Try this, video yourself getting down on a straight blue to middle pocket using left hand side, and you will find you are automatically cueing across the ball

Comment

Working...
        X