LP cue VS Jian Ying / LP Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LP cue VS Jian Ying / LP Review

having done a little research on this forum looking at peoples reviews on the jian ying cues on ebay id see if anyone has reviewed the LP range (same price on ebay as the jian ying)

its £69 for a 3 piece cue and case, with telescopic extension.

the major differences i can see is only is the brass joints, see below:

LP cue:

jian ying cue:

if im honest ive never used either of those joints so i cant comment on previous experience with which i think is better, just wondering what people say about the LP cues and im also entrigued to which joints people say are better

any info appreciated
    cheers
    nath

I have use and sell LP cues especially L3.L4.L10 from LP and they are a lot better then most made famous cues like Omin Master and so on,,,they have a very good vaccume joint and the wood os not bad either is just that the splices is rosewood and they color it black....hope this helps

Comment

well ive ordered an LP cue so hopefully we will see how it goes, ive ordered a couple extras like mini telescopic extension and a nicer case

will post up results when it arrives

Comment

keen to see what these are like too. expecting mine in the next week or two and will also post results. expecting to replace tip so ahve ordered some diamond buffalos to fit it with. the cues look nice, especially for the price point..

Comment

The Cheaper LP cues are not of great quality. And quite likely could even be fake cues. Iv'e bought two of the cheap ones, and my new Woods cue feels a quality cue compared to the LP ones. And the Woods cue is by no means a well made cue.

Comment

my friend one from ebay,the butt is fade ebony,black paint on the butt,what the hell.

Comment

the guys sell the LP cue on ebay only the cheap cues

Comment

it is all in the shaft. personally I think LP is a little better.

Comment

A cheap LP is better than a cheap Jian Ying cue. I've used versions of both cheap cues.

An LP cue for $200 will never ever be good as a custom King at $1000. Anyone who believes that is kidding themselves.
                  Last edited by Particle Physics; 28 August 2012, 04:17 AM.
                  Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Originally Posted by Particle Physics View Post

An LP cue for $200 will never ever be good as a custom King at $1000. Anyone who believes that is kidding themselves.
                    have you own their custom King version and mind to share your experience/ picture with us?

If not, why made above assumption?

Comment

Originally Posted by amashun View Post
                      have you own their custom King version and mind to share your experience/ picture with us?

If not, why made above assumption?
                      Asi has bought a King, photographed and reviewed it and believes it to be as good as his Parris Ultimate (this is a bench-mark all cues compete against), and I have used a base LP, that cost maybe +£100. Different class altogether. A £100 LP isn't as good as my Phoenix, nevermind a King! Generally, you get what you pay for in life. However, £100 of LP is far superior to £100 of Peradon, Riley, etc, etc. They're great value cues, and the guy and his staff really know how to make cues too. I wish this company well, they're doing a great job.
                      Last edited by Particle Physics; 28 August 2012, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Could you let me know the version of your LP cue ?
                        Asi has bought a King, photographed and reviewed it and believes it to be as good as his Parris Ultimate (this is a bench-mark all cues compete against), and I have used a base LP, that cost maybe +£100. Different class altogether. A £100 LP isn't as good as my Phoenix, nevermind a King! Generally, you get what you pay for in life. However, £100 of LP is far superior to £100 of Peradon, Riley, etc, etc. They're great value cues, and the guy and his staff really know how to make cues too. I wish this company well, they're doing a great job.

Comment

Originally Posted by NicoleNg View Post
                          Could you let me know the version of your LP cue ?
                          The titanium jointed version. I think this sells for around £140 on ebay.

Comment

we only have the brass joint and Stainless steel joint , never have titanium joint ,but if the brass joint cost £140 ,I think it is the supreme version, the top quality in promotion series , it pricing on Chinese ebay about 650 RMB-850 RMB ($100-$135 USD ) but the price was not including the freight ,so I dont think this cue is a cheap cue if your cue is LP Supreme version .
                            The titanium jointed version. I think this sells for around £140 on ebay.

Comment

Originally Posted by NicoleNg View Post
                              we only have the brass joint and Stainless steel joint , never have titanium joint ,but if the brass joint cost £140 ,I think it is the supreme version, the top quality in promotion series , it pricing on Chinese ebay about 650 RMB-850 RMB ($100-$135 USD ) but the price was not including the freight ,so I dont think this cue is a cheap cue if your cue is LP Supreme version .
                              I think it was mis-advertised, you are right, it is stainless steel. It's a good cue and an excellent cue for the money paid.

Comment

Working...
                              X