Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member looking to improve

Good day all,

I've been playing snooker competitively for about 18 months now after having played league pool for 25+ years. I thought "how hard can it be?"
    I'm looking for advice and guidance to help me improve, specifically with alignment and aiming. I've hit a 24 break during a match but want to be getting to 40+ break standards if I can.
    I play matches in the Farnham and District league (in divison 3) and play for fun at Waterlooville Sport Bar. Perhaps I'll run into some of you at some point!

All the best, Matt

Hi mate, try and practice on your own before you play your mates etc, otherwise you might just end up hitting balls about which will not improve anyone, a line up is the best form of solo practice IMO, when I was younger, my target would be 100 on a line up before playing anyone, you could set yours at 50 if you like, that would mean that you're cueing well enough before playing against mates, hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I've found if I do paly against mates, all I end up doing is learning how to beat them. If they are of a lower standard than me, my standards also drop, so its not good practice.

I've been using the line-up quite over the last 3-4 weeks and it is making a difference. I can hit mid 20s without too much trouble now, and have scored a 30 last week. I've also got my team mates doing it as a bit of healthy competition to try and improve us all.

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

In my experience, lineup is not as useful as some of the other basic practice routines. It's definitely not the optimum way for improving your cueing and aiming. Mid-distance straight blues to the corner, black ball from the spot from different angles, blue ball to the middle from different angles are some of the routines I myself follow and they have helped me significantly during the past six months.

Comment

have a look at Steve's post and his channel with other helpful videos
          http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...or-Consistency
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Lots of good routines with info on how to get the best out of them here at snooker crazy. It's is great website for gear and information.

https://www.snookercrazy.com/the-snooker-t-line-up/
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I purchased my snooker cue from Snooker Crazy - I'm lucky enough to live about 500 metres from the owners home address! I must admit I'm very happy with it so far.

Thanks for all the input, guys. I'm off to the local club this afternoon for an hours practice so I'll be sure to try these out.

Comment

You two are neighbours!

Comment

Originally Posted by Huntlee View Post
                  Thanks for the advice. I've found if I do paly against mates, all I end up doing is learning how to beat them. If they are of a lower standard than me, my standards also drop, so its not good practice.

I've been using the line-up quite over the last 3-4 weeks and it is making a difference. I can hit mid 20s without too much trouble now, and have scored a 30 last week. I've also got my team mates doing it as a bit of healthy competition to try and improve us all.

Cheers,

Matt
                  Use the line up to hone your cue ball control, play not to disturb any ball in the line, this will force you to learn those soft screw shots to hold the cue ball on angled pots and avoid cannons.
                  Snooker is all about the cue ball, making the pots as easy as you can and as you have played pool for 25 years you'll no doubt have a few faults to iron out in your technique.
                  Film yourself on your phone and look for movement of the body and head and any twisting of the grip hand on delivery of the cue, and remember one thing above all others, you'll hit what you're looking at so look to the contact point on the object ball before taking your stance and most of all also on the strike.
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
                  X