Pro Triangle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Triangle

I was thinking of purchasing one of those Pro-Triangles that you see used on TV, but when I saw the price I thought absolutely not! I could make one for a quarter of the Price, so, that's what I aim to do, but before I do, I was wondering if anyone could explain to me why they are so expensive, am I missing something, to me it just look like a cheap pice of plastic, fair enough it'll be engineered to some pricise tollerances but I'm actually an engineer myself, I use AutoCAD on a daily basis so I could easilly design and make a simlar Triangle out of solid wood and get within the Tollerances needed to make each break off reliable and consistant...

Pro Triangle

I wanted one myslef and have no idea how they charge that much for a triangle

Comment

How much are they?

I cannot imagine there is anything special about a triangle

Comment

£120!!! I've seen a foldable one for £36 but that isn't the one that they use in the TV Tournaments and it looks even cheaper and more flimsy, I don't like the idea of a foldable one! I actually like the idea of making one to be honest, I'm just sketching out some ideas at the moment but I'll try and get a prototype done over the next week or so and see what it looks like?

Comment

Hi All,

We have a few in prototype at present and recently sent one to a professional ref to try and show the WPBSA, I will post up some pictures and there feedback when we hear back from them.

Please Vistit our Website for the New Pool Racker Triangles and Snooker Pro Triangles and Trio Tip Shapers/File: www.theracker.co.uk

Kind Regards Gaz.

Comment

I was specifically talking about the 'Pro Triangle' - the ones in the link above aren't anything like the 'Pro Triangles', but thanks...

I've got my Design done. I've Designed it with multi-function purpose so I can store the balls in it when I'm not playing then use it as a Triangle whilst racking the Reds up at the start... Here's some 3D imges - feel free to comment if you have any better ideas on how it should look...

Appolpgies for the image quality, i had to reduce the size dramatically to attach them here

Cheers,

Phil

PM Triangle.jpg

PM Triangle2.jpg

Comment

Hi Phil,

The Ones on our website aren't the ones that we have sent out? The ones we have sent out are fantastic and even have rollers underneath like the pro triangle and have a brake type! But i am unable to go into too much detail at this point sorry.

I will upload more info and pictures as i said after we hear more thank you.

Kind Regards Gareth.

Comment

We have the Pro Style triangles at our club - they are bloody awful

I like to gather the reds, and form a triangle on the top cushion, then pop the triangle over and zip it into position

With the Pro Triangles, they have wide wheels on then and a very thick bottom edge, so you have to put the balls inside the triangle, rather than just slip them over - seems silly but it really is a pain

You position the triangle on the bottom cushion - the pointer is on the black spot - then you run the unit up to the pink spot and you have a perfectly positioned pack of reds - the wide wheels prevent you from accidentally getting the pack slanted

Save your money - they are horrid to use for normal play - great for setting up a serious match properly though

Comment

Originally Posted by tmax View Post
                  We have the Pro Style triangles at our club - they are bloody awful

I like to gather the reds, and form a triangle on the top cushion, then pop the triangle over and zip it into position

With the Pro Triangles, they have wide wheels on then and a very thick bottom edge, so you have to put the balls inside the triangle, rather than just slip them over - seems silly but it really is a pain

You position the triangle on the bottom cushion - the pointer is on the black spot - then you run the unit up to the pink spot and you have a perfectly positioned pack of reds - the wide wheels prevent you from accidentally getting the pack slanted

Save your money - they are horrid to use for normal play - great for setting up a serious match properly though
                  Watch the pro referees, they make the pyramid of reds with their hands and forearms on the cushion, then gently roll this pyramid away from the cushion with their hands; then place the triangle over the pyramid; settle the reds tightly and push the triangle to the cushion and check alignment with the black spot. Then push to final position, may take some practise but certainly better than dropping the reds from above into the triangle manually
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks Dean
                    That's exactly what I usually end up doing - but as you push away with hands to clear enough space, you loose the reds slightly and then end up giggling the triangle awkwardly - the old 3 sided normal triangle is so much faster
                    Agreed also not good idea to drop anything on the cloth

Comment

Originally Posted by tmax View Post
                      Thanks Dean
                      That's exactly what I usually end up doing - but as you push away with hands to clear enough space, you loose the reds slightly and then end up giggling the triangle awkwardly - the old 3 sided normal triangle is so much faster
                      Agreed also not good idea to drop anything on the cloth
                      yep, that is the bit that needs practise
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by BigfellaPhil View Post
                        I was specifically talking about the 'Pro Triangle' - the ones in the link above aren't anything like the 'Pro Triangles', but thanks...

I've got my Design done. I've Designed it with multi-function purpose so I can store the balls in it when I'm not playing then use it as a Triangle whilst racking the Reds up at the start... Here's some 3D imges - feel free to comment if you have any better ideas on how it should look...

Appolpgies for the image quality, i had to reduce the size dramatically to attach them here

Cheers,

Phil

[ATTACH]18984[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]18985[/ATTACH]
                        looks a good idea this.

how about some notches in the sides to help lift the triangle away. and maybe in the bottom edge for your thumbs to pivot it up and away?
                        http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Hey thanks Mellow Yellow,

I have actually got two Handle notches on the sides, but you couldn't see them from the two camera views i posted first, here's a better view... I have Designed the handles to be Diagonally opposite to make it easier to lift, I haven't put any on the bottom edge but this could be a good idea and give the user more options when picking it up from the rack, thanks very much for your input, I think i'll have a look at doing that.

Again I apologise for the picture quality the originals a large so it took a lot of reducing to be able to attach here.

Triangle 5.jpg

Comment

I don't know why they don't just put a line on the table where the bottom of the reds should be.

Comment

Ok so here's a very rough prototype, I've not added any of the handles yet, as I just wanted to get the Triangle right first. Idid struggle cutting the tight corners out and feel i need to have a re think on how best to do them when I do the final one but it's ok for a rough prototype...

image1.JPG

Comment

Working...
                              X