Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peradon vs Maximus vs Ton Praram

Hi

looking for some advice on a new cue. I have a Cue Master Baron that I bought 25 years ago and has served me well but I feel I deserve a new one. I've checked out the Peradon King and Knight but have read on on here that Maximus and Ton Praram are rated highly. I was looking to pay around £250 for one but this is flexible.....any suggestions for make/model?
    Also, Peradon have a bespoke extension fitting but could I use my Cue Craft extension with the other two makes?

Many Thanks

Rob

Peradon vs Maximus vs Ton Praram

where do you live? if after 25 yrs you wanna change your cue you should try b4 you buy on a practice table in a stockist that has one.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Chesterfield, Derbyshire.

Comment

Originally Posted by buzz15uk View Post
        Chesterfield, Derbyshire.
        Ok so chesworth snooker is near you to try a Ton or Maximus and check out green baize ( Stockton on Tees) website for a model and price comparison.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

.... Also, Peradon have a bespoke extension fitting but could I use my Cue Craft extension with the other two makes ......
          No your existing extension will not fit
          Here are pics of Maximus extensions
          https://www.greenbaize.com/product-c...nce=&_wpnonce=

And here are ton Praram extensions
          https://www.greenbaize.com/product-c...nce=&_wpnonce=

Comment

Would you ever sell the cue craft baron?

Comment

Maximus immortal. Excellent cues

Comment

Hi Matt

possibly, what do you think it would be worth?

Comment

All depends on the specs and condition, I only live in shirebrook so would be interested.

Comment

If you have Facebook or what's app let me know as you don't have the privilege to private message yet.

Comment

Ive ordered a limited edition Ton Praram

Definitely one of the best cue makers out there

Comment

Just my thoughts as I have a few TPs and Maximus cues...can't vouch for Peradon but I'd hazard both TP and Maximus are far better quality...

The TP cues tend to be very very stiff. Perhaps Ton makes a range but the 3 that I have are all rigid. Maximimus cues have a slightly better feel as for me (and this is a personal preference) they are a tad less stiff than TP cues. Both of these are far better made than the JP that I have with respect to aesthetics, the quality of the ebony and the splice work.

That said, it's all about the feel of the cue and what feels good to one person is not the same as what you would like...so definitely try a few out. I only hear good things about Stu at Greenbaize, so make a day trip and try out as many cues as you want.

Comment

Hi Matt

thanks for interest but I think I'll keep it.

Rob

Comment

Hi Matt

thanks for interest but I think I'll keep it.

Rob
                            Wise move. : )
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I've got a Mastercue Pro Butt. I absolutely love it. I'm not someone who's bothered about even splices but they are very level. It's a lovely cue. I've had a two Ton Praram cues which I had for a short while after losing my old cue. They were both very nice, stiff like you say but both very nice and well made. The nicest cue I had was a Greenbaize cue, which I lost. Stu at Greenbaize is a star.

Comment

Working...
                              X