• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to Crucible Rules

One change from this year, and one for next year:

http://www.worldsnooker.com/betfred-...eminders-fans/

Dress Code

Sorry football fans…but from this year, spectators are requested to dress smartly in the arena. The Event Promoter requests that no sportswear or team sport shirts are worn. If in the opinion of the Event Promoter an item of clothing is not deemed suitable to wear in the arena the person will be refused admission until such time they have found an alternative item of clothing that is deemed acceptable.
    This seems petty to me and if I owned any sportswear I'd probably wear it under my shirt into the arena and then take the shirt off.

However, some promising signs regarding ticketing for the 2019 tournament:

This year, for the first time, tickets on the first day of sale will be available ONLY to fans who are able to book in person at the Crucible box office.

These seats go on sale at 9am on Sunday, May 6 and will be limited to a third of the tickets available for sale. Fans will be able to buy a maximum of four tickets per person per session, and the actual tickets will not be sent out until a month before the 2019 tournament. This approach is being introduced to limit the ability of secondary ticketing providers (or ‘touts’) from purchasing tickets and preventing real fans from accessing them at the advertised price.

The remaining two thirds will be available online, by telephone and in person from 9am on Monday, May 7.
    I must say I welcome this approach as a good start, but I wonder if Viagogo will still be an official ticketing parner...

Changes to Crucible Rules

One change from this year, and one for next year:

http://www.worldsnooker.com/betfred-...eminders-fans/

Dress Code

Sorry football fans…but from this year, spectators are requested to dress smartly in the arena. The Event Promoter requests that no sportswear or team sport shirts are worn. If in the opinion of the Event Promoter an item of clothing is not deemed suitable to wear in the arena the person will be refused admission until such time they have found an alternative item of clothing that is deemed acceptable.
    This seems petty to me and if I owned any sportswear I'd probably wear it under my shirt into the arena and then take the shirt off.

However, some promising signs regarding ticketing for the 2019 tournament:

This year, for the first time, tickets on the first day of sale will be available ONLY to fans who are able to book in person at the Crucible box office.

These seats go on sale at 9am on Sunday, May 6 and will be limited to a third of the tickets available for sale. Fans will be able to buy a maximum of four tickets per person per session, and the actual tickets will not be sent out until a month before the 2019 tournament. This approach is being introduced to limit the ability of secondary ticketing providers (or ‘touts’) from purchasing tickets and preventing real fans from accessing them at the advertised price.

The remaining two thirds will be available online, by telephone and in person from 9am on Monday, May 7.
    I must say I welcome this approach as a good start, and it's farewell to Viagogo too!

World Snooker has also taken the decision to cease sales through secondary markets, and they are committed to diligently policing these markets and taking appropriate measures, including cancelling the tickets that can be identified.

Comment

That's front row Brian buggered then ehh

Comment

Stuffed if you don't live in Sheffield then ?????
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Will be no jeans and trainers next? Can't see what the problem is. Maybe for the final a dress code could be warranted but for early rounds I can't see that it does any harm.
          Really miffed at the ticketing rules. Was difficult enough to get hold of me the good seats down the front.

Comment

The ticketing rules don't bother me because I can't afford to buy 12 months in advance anyway - I can come to this year's tournament and queue for returns etc. or I can come just to buy next year's tickets, but not both.

And the remaining two thirds of tickets will be released for sale online from the Monday, so it's not lie they've said every ticket has to be bought in person.

Comment

what will FRB do now?

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                what will FRB do now?

Stage a protest?

Comment

What about my Willie Thorne wig and moustache? and my "Where's the cue ball going" T-shirt.

Comment

That's not a breach of Crucible rules but is almost certainly some sort of crime.

Comment

gavpowell - I have merged the two threads you started
                      so a bit of a duplicate on some replies
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Changes to Crucible Rules

What will Brian Wright do?

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                          What will Brian Wright do?

Hopefully get dressed properly

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            gavpowell - I have merged the two threads you started
                            so a bit of a duplicate on some replies
                            Good job Dean, they'll make a techy of you yet.

The dress code change is ridiculous, this is 2018 for pity's sake, not 1918. Snooker needs to reach out to young and old across the entire social spectrum rather than try to ostracize a good proportion of them. I find this quite unbelievable, I thought we were moving in the other direction, you know, forwards.

-
                            Last edited by PatBlock; 15 April 2018, 04:15 PM.
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                              Good job Dean, they'll make a techy of you yet.

The dress code change is ridiculous, this is 2018 for pity's sake, not 1918. Snooker needs to reach out to young and old across the entire social spectrum rather than try to ostracize a good proportion of them. I find this quite unbelievable, I thought we were moving in the other direction, you know, forwards.

-
                              Couldn't agree more. Me and my leather biker jacket were barred from many venues in the 70's and 80's despite the fact that the smartly dressed fashion conscious meatheads were known to all the bouncers yet always gained entry.
                              Girls in leather jackets were OK though

The event organisers should do something about mobile phones rather than football shirts, after all a football shirt may be loud but it doesn't make a noise.
                              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
                              X