Star table not being used ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star table not being used ......

....for the Champion of Champions tournament at the Ricoh Arena. Matchroom have got Rasson Billiards to supply a table called ‘ Magnum II ‘ according to the WS website ...........I wonder if Tom Selleck will ref and the players will get an ice cream at the interval

Table doesn’t look particularly nice , but wonder where this leaves Star in the future ? Can’t remember how long there deal is for .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Star table not being used ......

....for the Champion of Champions tournament at the Ricoh Arena. Matchroom have got Rasson Billiards to supply a table called ‘ Magnum II ‘ according to the WS website ...........I wonder if Tom Selleck will ref and the players will get an ice cream at the interval

Table doesn’t look particularly nice , but wonder where this leaves Star in the future ? Can’t remember how long their deal is for .

Few players and clubs hoping that they don’t change .....otherwise there will be a few cheap Star tables knocking about !

Comment

That’s news. I think Riley is better than Star though.

Comment

The contract with Star runs for a minimum of 5 years upto 2019:

http://www.worldsnooker.com/world-sn...ent-with-star/
        Last edited by fkhan; 18 September 2018, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Star Xing Pai is till April 2019

Rasson have been growing in prominence in other cue sports over the last few years and being used at the World Games was a first for top snooker I believe.
          There was a thread somewhere about the make some years ago, as well as Shender (how still have IBSF I think?).

When I see statements like "This table is innovative on design and very different from traditional snooker tables in the market. We feel this is a great time for the snooker world to have something new ..." I have to ask, ok proof it, what is innovative about the design? What is new?

Maybe using Rasson is WS shaking Star into doing a better deal beyond 2019

I see this has been answered in your other post... I will try to merge threads

It worked
          Last edited by DeanH; 18 September 2018, 07:44 AM.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post

Table doesn’t look particularly nice , but wonder where this leaves Star in the future ? Can’t remember how long their deal is for .

Few players and clubs hoping that they don’t change .....otherwise there will be a few cheap Star tables knocking about !
            Don't know how to post pics but I had a google at the Rasson Magnum 11 table. It doesn't look very traditional, nice turn legs etc. It looks like a hybrid 9 ball Pool table (bottm half) with a snooker top half. Those black MDF sheeted legs looks cheap...

Comment

I thought the same Ken , Pool table was the first thing that sprung to mind .

Wonder how it will play compared to a Star Table , and will the players' like it ? …….we will soon find out .

Comment

For some reason World Snooker have removed the article from their website Rasson Table .jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                  For some reason World Snooker have removed the article from their website [ATTACH]19109[/ATTACH]
                  Uuuuuuuuurgh.
                  Highest break to date? 1

Comment

Looks better than a Star with those hideous gold legs

Comment

What odds does it make if legs are a particular colour, or there is black MDF etc. What matters is the table- the bounce of the cushions, how true the slates are and how well it has been set up.
                      王可

Comment

Does anyone know if this table will still get used at the champions of champions and what the pro player feedback has been?
                        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                        National Snooker Expo
                        25-27 October 2019
                        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          Looks better than a Star with those hideous gold legs
                          Better than a Riley Starline eh Jrc? 😉
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                            Better than a Riley Starline eh Jrc? 😉
                            Now that is an ugly table, i used to visit a club in my town on league nights that had 2 of these, they used to run off at least 6" from one end to the other, they said they just couldn't get them to stay level

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                              Now that is an ugly table, i used to visit a club in my town on league nights that had 2 of these, they used to run off at least 6" from one end to the other, they said they just couldn't get them to stay level
                              Lol! I've got nothing against innovation as long as it still includes quality. Be interesting to see what the reviews from The pros are on the Rasson.
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                              X