No announcement yet.

How to not change configuration of grip at address while lifting the shoulder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to not change configuration of grip at address while lifting the shoulder

In yesterday practice session, I had a change. I still visualize the shot same when behind , put cue on line and straight down, cue to chest all as same. Only different part is me trying to drop left hips and lift the right shoulder(right handed) at same time, while keeping the grip configuration exactly same as it was when getting down , which gave me more stable feeling.

In the past I've always concentrated either on left hip dropping or right shoulder fixing, which both would slightly change grip direction, subsequently took cue off line.

With this attempts, I feel dropping of left hip and right shoulder lifting balanced the grip direction, if it makes sense to you. It not only makes my face naturally getting close to arm because of hip dropping, also having the pendulum feeling with benefit from fix right shoulder. Only unfamiliar feeling from this change was the stretched out on upper back.

I am not sure whether this is something other people do. My question is sometimes I would overdone it, causing grip hand be brought up by shoulder lifting, reducing the space under the body. In the end I found a loose grip might be the solution, IE. while lifting the shoulder but still keep grip loose(finger loose) so it won't vertically raise the too much. How do you guys who adapted fixing shoulder position do not to lift grip hands AND not change grip configuration at address?

Appreciate language is very hard for explaining the personal feeling, especially which is prescriptive to individual. Any similar thoughts would be great.

I can't honestly say I've ever given stance much thought, beyond stepping in on line and bending forwards. It feels natural, and being in a natural feeling position means I've never experienced any muscle pain or strains. I'd imagine twisting away from your body's natural alignment, or adding tension to your shoulders, lower back and hips is going to cause you issues if you're playing frequently.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
      I can't honestly say I've ever given stance much thought, beyond stepping in on line and bending forwards. It feels natural, and being in a natural feeling position means I've never experienced any muscle pain or strains. I'd imagine twisting away from your body's natural alignment, or adding tension to your shoulders, lower back and hips is going to cause you issues if you're playing frequently.
      Thanks for your advise. I understand most important thing about stance is to be comfortable. And I do feel right hips sometimes feel strained after play. That's a balance thing, isn't it. To keep comfortable also rigidness not to break down when tension gets up.

Comment

Working...
      X