Grand Cue tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Cue tips

Hi, anybody used this cue tip before? it come in 3 various of hardness.

http://www.samleisure.co.uk/introduc...grand-cue-tip/
    In progressing!!

I've ordered a couple of soft tips to try out and will put them through numerous tests in my hi-tech snooker lab and report my findings here.
    #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Originally Posted by fredkite View Post
      I've ordered a couple of soft tips to try out and will put them through numerous tests in my hi-tech snooker lab and report my findings here.
      Okkay mate, hope to see your review soon
      In progressing!!

Comment

Grand Cue tips

Using Rogibear's tip tool the installation was very easy, little fettling with sandpaper and I was gtg. Even though the tip is supposed to be soft it felt very hard to the touch, I was a bit worried that it would be too hard for me. Anyway...onto the baize. I played for five frames and found the tip to be very, very good. Excellent feel and I had total confidence playing deep screw shots, the tip holds chalk well and after flattening slightly after the first frame held its shape. I have no hesitation in awarding this tip the much coveted Fred Kite Gold Award.
        #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Originally Posted by fredkite View Post
          Using Rogibear's tip tool the installation was very easy, little fettling with sandpaper and I was gtg. Even though the tip is supposed to be soft it felt very hard to the touch, I was a bit worried that it would be too hard for me. Anyway...onto the baize. I played for five frames and found the tip to be very, very good. Excellent feel and I had total confidence playing deep screw shots, the tip holds chalk well and after flattening slightly after the first frame held its shape. I have no hesitation in awarding this tip the much coveted Fred Kite Gold Award.
          Any near similar comparison? Is it like Diamond+?

Comment

I've not used a Diamond + for a long time so cannot compare them. I'd say they're like a soft Talisman, i.e still quite hard but very grippy.
            #jeSuisByrom

Comment

I just ordered a box of soft version to try it out =) thanks for the review
              In progressing!!

Comment

Let us know Jason what they are like, as i also been told the Soft version are quite good.

Gaz.

Originally Posted by Jasonteh6688 View Post
                I just ordered a box of soft version to try it out =) thanks for the review

Comment

sure gazza, i will put it on once i have receive it. But it mind takes weeks as i ordered mine from Australia.
                  In progressing!!

Comment

A little update - used the tip quite a bit this weekend and other than one miscue last night (which was probably caused by my awful cue action) the tip is still excellent. Still holds chalk well and the shape is still as I like it.
                    #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Just ordered a couple of these to try, have used Elk over the last 60 years.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                        Let us know Jason what they are like, as i also been told the Soft version are quite good.

Gaz.
                        If you want a couple to try pm me your address and i'll post 'em out to you.
                        #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Grand Cue tips

just fitted a soft one on my cue. feel quite and sound quite hard tho, going to try it tomorrow.
                          In progressing!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Jasonteh6688 View Post
                            just fitted a soft one on my cue. feel quite and sound quite hard tho, going to try it tomorrow.
                            Hi! Jason, do you mind send a pc or 2 for a try to Melaka ?
                            I'll pay you the cost. Tips + postage.

Comment

Put a soft one on today. Hardest soft tip ever I would say lol! Played a couple of hours and I would say without doubt it's the best pressed tip I've ever used. I wouldn't be surprised if some pro's use these, they are that good. The soft tip is perfect for snooker imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X