Snooker table in garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker table in garage

Is it a good idea to keep and use a snooker in your garage also how much room would you need for this ?

Perfect room size for a full size table is 6.62m x 4.80 m.
    i m currently looking for properties with double garage so I can fit a table in. but I m concerned that the ventilation and noise might be a problem, anyone has any ideas?

Comment

my last house had a full size table in it the house when i bought it had a triple garage built on to the side. so my uncle and grandad retired now bricked the doors up and put a wall of thermalite block up inside raised the roof by a foot n half i had a hip roof put on instead of a flat roof had it all plastered solid floor put in. the room was 26 ft long by 20 ft wide and there was plenty room for a few chairs a big tv and i even had a fruit machine in the corner.

Comment

my garage is 13.5ft x 18ft do you guys reckon this is too small for a full size table ?

Comment

def. 2 small! ideally need 5' all round table to allow for shots with cue ball right on cushion..........12 x6 plus10 =22'x16' room size.......7x4 would be biggest u could fit in

Comment

thats a shame I was trying to convince myself that it would be ok as the table would only really be used for practice but I think deep down I knew it was too small, whats the best size table to practice on.

My mate as a double garage I might be able to convince him to keep it in there.

Comment

Originally Posted by shadow View Post
              def. 2 small! ideally need 5' all round table to allow for shots with cue ball right on cushion..........12 x6 plus10 =22'x16' room size.......7x4 would be biggest u could fit in
              Good advice 5 foot all around the table is a minimum.
              Welsh Is Best

Comment

Old thread i have just dug up here. Reason is I am in a similar situation. Double garage that I am trying to extend...
                If I can't get planning then this is what I will do.
                The table is there for practice, not playing matches, although obviously that would be nice, its not the end goal.

Anyone tried this scenario?

https://imgur.com/a/EZDnZjd

This is for a 16.9 x 16.5 double garage. Sacrificing the baulk end because im all about the black spot
                Last edited by EvilDealer; 17 November 2018, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Do you definitely need planning for the extension? I ask, because I work as a planning officer, and the allowances for outbuildings are pretty generous before you need to apply for permission.

The table against the wall is fine for practicing. I have a friend who used to practice pool on a table with one end and one whole side inaccesible. If you're creative, you can run plenty of drills. I'd take a full size snooker table set up like this rather than a smaller table- just isn't any good for playing matches obviously.

Comment

I didn't need planning permission for my 8m x 5m cabin. I kept it the correct distance from the borders and just under 2.5m in height. The council did initially argue it with me (because some jealous neighbour complained) but when they checked into it, they realised I had followed the correct guidelines and I was ok. All I had to do was get a Part P Electrical certificate which I managed to do.
                    Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Thats great if you have the garden space. I've looked into that myself but it would take up more than half of my puny garden

Comment

Snooker table in garage

my room takes up a good part of my garden but figured the snooker room can be used far more regularly and year round than the garden can.....

Comment

I would love to have the room for a table. It remains my dream for the time being. I have a few friends who have tables at home and I am just very very envious of them. I find it quite fascinating just how many people have their own tables at home.
                          Maybe it would be good if people could share their approximate locations and maybe even be willing to invite players over for a session? I'd be up for playing anybody. Distances permitting. Think its a great idea for people to post a picture and city they are in?
                          Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                          https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Working...
                          X