• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• topspin curve?

Could someone please guide me on how to replicate the shot in these videos:

https://youtu.be/aQ6KaXIIbZw?t=250
    https://youtu.be/TIs5pCP7Vvk?t=104

Is it topspin with side? I tried my best to search for some tutorial or something but the closest I got were videos of either screw backs with reverse side or making the CB go dead after a corner pot. Thanks in advance!

Usually top with running side to make it spring off the angles.

Comment

Not sure which shots you're talking about. To curl the cueball from potting the black in order to break the pack is normally just straight top spin and a LOT of power and as long as the cueball hits the cushion at an angle it will curl from the top spin. However there were no shots from Ronnie like this but the second video does show some curl on the cueball and that's usually centre-ball top spin or else a lot of top and some side.

These shots require a lot of practice before you master them.
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
        Usually top with running side to make it spring off the angles.
        Thanks!

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        Not sure which shots you're talking about. To curl the cueball from potting the black in order to break the pack is normally just straight top spin and a LOT of power and as long as the cueball hits the cushion at an angle it will curl from the top spin. However there were no shots from Ronnie like this but the second video does show some curl on the cueball and that's usually centre-ball top spin or else a lot of top and some side.

These shots require a lot of practice before you master them.
        I meant how to curl the CB like that when the OB is seemingly dead straight. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Some are played purely with a lot of power, striking centrally just above the equator of the cue ball will make it bounce (or throw) off the object ball and take a wider path before the top spin grips the cloth and normal forward momentum happens.
          Some are played also with running side to create a wider angle off the cushion, these shots need to be practised as the aiming point is nowhere near the pocket to allow for the extreme deflection of the cue ball due to off centre striking at full power. Play some shots, see how much and to which side of the pocket you miss with centre pocket aiming and adjust accordingly.
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
            Some are played purely with a lot of power, striking centrally just above the equator of the cue ball will make it bounce (or throw) off the object ball and take a wider path before the top spin grips the cloth and normal forward momentum happens.
            Some are played also with running side to create a wider angle off the cushion, these shots need to be practised as the aiming point is nowhere near the pocket to allow for the extreme deflection of the cue ball due to off centre striking at full power. Play some shots, see how much and to which side of the pocket you miss with centre pocket aiming and adjust accordingly.
            Gotcha. Will try it out later today. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
            X