Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Hunt cues

Morning

Recently been offered a green badge Will Hunt - felt and looked a fair cue. Was tempted but was slightly put off by someone down the club saying that there had been issues in the past of far east fakes of Will's cues

I see on the WH website that cues since 2015 or 16 have been numbered. This was just an unnumbered green badge WH. Are fakes that prevalent with Will Hunt cues?? Seems a bit odd faking 300 quid cues? I can understand it with Ultimates or H&O cues, but 300 quid ones?

Any info?
    #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

wouldnt go near a will hunt cue. genuine or fake

Comment

Could be a Thai import finished off by Will Hunt. Limited amount of work done by Will. Doesn't mean its a bad cue.

Comment

i think most will assume by default now that any cue of his will be an imported cue with his badge

Comment

ÂŁ300 for a cue is more than ok as Thai cues are very very good, and prices are rising all the time, what i wouldn't be doing is buying one of his "Black Plate" cues that he has now and again for 3 times the price !!

Comment

I recently played with one of his recent black plates cues, very disappointed with it for a circa ÂŁ900 CUE.

Not as good as a GBL or Ton Praram imho.

Comment

Originally Posted by nlm247 View Post
              I recently played with one of his recent black plates cues, very disappointed with it for a circa ÂŁ900 CUE.

Not as good as a GBL or Ton Praram imho.
              the way a cue plays has little to who made it but more to the timber used, will hunt cues come from Thailand as do some gbl and tom cues, if will gets the taper and weight right and the wood is good result, same goes for all the others, bad timber = bad cue, good timber good cue maker = good cue, bad timber good cue maker = bad cue, good timber bad cue maker = bad cue, see a trend!. as jay says its all in the wood

Comment

bottom line is though, will is putting his name on pieces of s*** lol

Comment

The guy that works with Will, Tim Curtis is making his own cues now. Has a Facebook page and they look pretty decent.

Comment

Wonder if he fell out with will lol

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                      The guy that works with Will, Tim Curtis is making his own cues now. Has a Facebook page and they look pretty decent.
                      what sort of price does Tim Curtis charge? Any idea?
                      #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Would also like to know prices as I don’t do Facebook .

Does he have a workshop that you can visit ?
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

No prices listed on facebook which isn't that unusual, he does have a workshop though, whether or not you can visit is another thing. Plenty of pics on his fb page of cues being spliced and in various stages of production.

Comment

Don't think the cues look like anything special. Amateurish is what comes to mind

Comment

I have a WH Green Plate and I think it looks awesome. The ebony is virtually jet black, the rosewood is beautifully figured and the splicing is spot on. Whether or not it's made by him or in Thailand, it's still a good cue. If it wasn't too light for me and the tip was a better size for me it wood easily be good enough for me. I hear the cautious comments and criticisms, but I think they're a bit over done.

I haven't heard so much written about fakes. More that allegedly he bought them from Thailand and finished them off with his badge - not sure if this is accurate, but regardless a decent cue.

If you play well with it and it suits your game then it's worth it. Only caveat - his reputation has tanked and so the badge doesn't carry the prestige and price tag that it once used to. I don't think that's down to the cue quality though.

Comment

Working...
                              X