American pool cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American pool cue?

First off, apologies if American pool isn't something to be discussed here! (I've seen posts about English pool cues which is why I'm assuming American pool is fine also, so I hope this post is okay)

I'm talking no more than say £50, preferably a bit less. The cue I have at the minute is just some unbranded one that was literally the absolute cheapest I could find on Amazon. I'm now after something a bit better, although I only really play a few times a year so anything over £50 would be overkill.

However I'm not familiar with any of the cuemakers for American pool - are there any equivalents to snooker's Riley, BCE, Peradon etc. who all make sub-£50 cues that, while you know will obviously not be the best, can offer some kind of assurance simply by virtue of being a widely known brand with endorsements from - or at least an association with - the professionals (e.g. BCE's Signature series)? Even if this assurance is purely psychological, ha.

Thanks in advance.

I know THIS is a company in the USA but it will give you an idea of what you can get for your money

Comment

Cheers, I went for a McDermott cue. Seems to be quite a big name over in the States.

Comment

Originally Posted by cal View Post
        First off, apologies if American pool isn't something to be discussed here! (I've seen posts about English pool cues which is why I'm assuming American pool is fine also, so I hope this post is okay)

I'm talking no more than say £50, preferably a bit less. The cue I have at the minute is just some unbranded one that was literally the absolute cheapest I could find on Amazon. I'm now after something a bit better, although I only really play a few times a year so anything over £50 would be overkill.

However I'm not familiar with any of the cuemakers for American pool - are there any equivalents to snooker's Riley, BCE, Peradon etc. who all make sub-£50 cues that, while you know will obviously not be the best, can offer some kind of assurance simply by virtue of being a widely known brand with endorsements from - or at least an association with - the professionals (e.g. BCE's Signature series)? Even if this assurance is purely psychological, ha.

Thanks in advance.
        Check this out:

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/hand-splice...8AAOSw5nxaX77f

Comment

Oh there is always somebody who just has to quote the op isn't there?

that 49 pound cue is a snooker cue not an american pool cue.

McDermott is a big seller in the states and well known make, can't go far wrong

Comment

I think mcdermott may be a bit pricier than £50, as far as I know you won't get anything half decent for that money, unless you can get a 2nd hand one, maybe Buffalo cues are OK and not bad for the money, my advice would definitely be to try to get a decent 2nd hand one if possible.
            I went into a chemist and asked for a deodorant, the assistant said "ball, stick or aerosol", "No, I want it for under my arms!" was my reply.

Comment

Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
              Oh there is always somebody who just has to quote the op isn't there?

that 49 pound cue is a snooker cue not an american pool cue.

McDermott is a big seller in the states and well known make, can't go far wrong
              My bad for not specifying that it’s not a pool cue but a snooker cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                My bad for not specifying that it’s not a pool cue but a snooker cue.
                I would say look around and try second hand as I got one that suits my needs as I only play when a friend comes back from playing across the US and Caribbean.
                For that one you've always wanted...
                https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

There is a Facebook page where people are selling cues from both sides of the pond, postage on one from the states might be expensive. Cues imported into the USA carry no duty but they do attract duty into the UK

Comment

In all honesty, you won't get a decent cue for £50. Once the seller has paid to import the cue and covered their postage cost, there won't be much left. Might as well pay £5 for a tip tool and use a racker.

Comment

Working...
                    X