Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ferrule thinner wall loose on tenon

Hey all,

I'm fitting a new ferrule for a mate, done lots before but on this particular cue the old ferrule was thick walled and the new ferrule is quite loose on the tenon.

Is there a way around this without taking the cue down by a ferrules length. Like spread two PAC around tenon wait for it to harden then make a new tenon as if it was wood :-p.

Cheers in advance

Pressuming your friend likes the cue the length it is, the easiest thing is to find another ferrule or get one made that fits.

Comment

Depends if it's a pidgeon ring ferrule or a threaded ferrule, if the old ferrule was pidgeon ring then a threaded ferrule will screw on in its place, if the old ferrule was threaded then you need to get one with the same internal diameter.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Hi,

Yeah was a pigeon ring ferrule just a crazy thick one, its a tiger cue so must like thick brass. I dont fit threaded ferrules as I don;t like them at all for fitting or the fact they are usually so much heavier. In the end he decided he didn't mind losing a few mm at the end so I made a new tenon starting 5mm down so i have fitted a new thinner walled ferrule and the last 3mm of it I will rely on epoxy to fill any gap left.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
        X