Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best cue action?

hi everyone,
    just interested to hear who you think has the best cue action of all time? i would go with shaun murphy. and also, do you think a flowing cue action like murphys' is better than a more compact cue action, like ding?
    harry.

best cue action?

Stephen Lee has beautiful cue action, but I reckon everything about Mark Selby is perfect!

Comment

people always say murphy,ding,lee,stevens,judd.....but most never mention ronnie..too obvious maybe?
      H.b.142

Comment

Best cue action of all time goes to Steve Davis, his was text book perfect. Now its Shaun Murphy or Stephen Lee. No one mentions Ronnie because his cue action is unusual his shoulder moves not just his elbow. Ronnie has got the best timing I've ever seen though, the amount of spin he generates for how soft he strikes the cue ball is amazing.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
          Best cue action of all time goes to Steve Davis, his was text book perfect. Now its Shaun Murphy or Stephen Lee. No one mentions Ronnie because his cue action is unusual his shoulder moves not just his elbow. Ronnie has got the best timing I've ever seen though, the amount of spin he generates for how soft he strikes the cue ball is amazing.
          yes those two plus john higgins maybe for a more compact style.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Again murphy must be up there. Cues so straight and also gets so much action on the white with little effort. Hendry in his prime was also good. Ronnie does have amazing timing but for me his technique uses a bit too much shoulder.
            coaching is not just for the pros
            www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

best cue action?

Managed to watch steven lee and Tom ford at an exhibition in hong long and Steven lees cue action was beautifully smooth.. Non chalantly knocked in a century..

Comment

Hmmm, a lot of guys have very smooth actions, but the most 147s and centuries in tournaments belong to Ronnie and Hendry. That says a lot. Davis is technically correct, as is Selby, but they lack a bit of the finesse and soft hands of other players. Best cue action depends on criteria. If I could have one action, it would be Jimmy Whites; I love his clock-face approach and the spin he developed in the 80s and 90s is more than anyone has ever developed since, with the exception of Judd. Back then, they were playing with heavier cloths. His cue action is so easy on the eye, and yet so potent. He just slipped right through the ball, like it was attached to the tip. Beautiful.
                Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

I have to agree with particle physics - Jimmy White and would add Mark Williams they address the ball low on first approach and have a deceptively effortless cue action that has finesse and beautiful touch. They have cue actions I simply enjoy to watch and have tried to emulate.

In terms of text book actions then have to agree with Stephen Lee and Steve Davis. For fluency and flair in cue action then Shaun Murphy and Ronnie... I used to love Peter Ebdon's old cue action that was fluent and smooth also...strange how no one has yet mentioned Dave Harold- talk about economy of movement !

Comment

John Higgins is also worth a mention for his cue action can move the white anywhere with minimal effort.
                    Last edited by sprogbasket; 27 May 2012, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Dave Harold, was he even alive, he barely moved at the table! Jimmy is still so smooth. I saw him playing Legends and he did a 132 clearance and the reds were a mess, on the cushions, he had to go to baulk a lot, and time just slipped by, effortlessly. I love his rest technique, just so smooth. He's smoother on the rest than most folk are without one! Apart from the twitching and moving on the shot, Alex Higgins had a smooth right arm too.
                      Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

What about Robertson?! Straightest and the most powerful especially under pressure!

Comment

Marco Fu for me.

Comment

Originally Posted by Selbyjustbegun View Post
                            Marco Fu for me.
                            Marco fu is like Dave Harold, a non existent cue action.

Comment

Definitely Ronnie, Murphy, Lee. All have 2 things in common, free flowing action with a pronounced elbow drop.

Comment

Working...
                              X