Best Cue Oils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Cue Oils

As title says, many cue oils available in market.. please identify the best ones:distracted:

There are many. Raw linseed is good but takes very long to dry. Heard that boiled linseed oil dries quicker but never tried it.

Comment

I have toung oil
      Current playing cue Trevor White
      3/4 ash cue

Comment

I know someone who has used baby oil for years and he swears by it and his cue is in amazing condition. just goes to show

Comment

Gunstock oil is very good, rather expensive though.
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
            yep, I have that Tru-Oil stuff, good for butts but I dont use it on shafts
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

That is essentially what I make for my own but with orange and lemon oil added.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                yep, I have that Tru-Oil stuff, good for butts but I dont use it on shafts
                Scherell's Schaftol clear is what I have, and yes only for butts, too shiny for shafts.

https://www.ballistol-shop.de/Gun-Stock-oil-fro
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

For butts I make up a blend of 40% Linseed, 20%orange oil, 20% clear shellac flakes 20% mineral spirits.
                  Dilute the shellac with the mineral spirits first, then add to the orange and linseed. Apply liberally and wipe off and buff after 20-30mins. Couple coats of this and your but will almost look laquered with a high gloss but will feel amazing.

Comment

Originally Posted by SignumCues View Post
                    For butts I make up a blend of 40% Linseed, 20%orange oil, 20% clear shellac flakes 20% mineral spirits.
                    Dilute the shellac with the mineral spirits first, then add to the orange and linseed. Apply liberally and wipe off and buff after 20-30mins. Couple coats of this and your but will almost look laquered with a high gloss but will feel amazing.
                    Hi Signum

I'm always interested in oil mixes.

How does your mix stand up against constant cleaning with damp cloths? It generally takes the shine off?

I see you are in Brighton, I'm just north of Portsmouth.
                    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Scherell's Schaftol clear is what I have, and yes only for butts, too shiny for shafts.

https://www.ballistol-shop.de/Gun-Stock-oil-fro
                      Something wrong with the link Vmax.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                        Something wrong with the link Vmax.
                        Google Scherell's Schaftol and find it yourself Shockerz, I cut and paste the link so no idea why it doesn't work, damn internet.

Comment

Google Scherell's Schaftol and find it yourself Shockerz, I cut and paste the link so no idea why it doesn't work, damn internet.
                          Thanks Vmax

Googled it, here is a link that works (for me anyway!) Click here

Comment

Firstly I never use a damp cloth so I wouldn’t know.the best way to clean your cue is with clean paper. It will remove dirt and naturally restore the shine by extremely lightly burnishing the surface. When your done the paper will be black and your cue will feel like brand new!

Comment

Originally Posted by SignumCues View Post
                              Firstly I never use a damp cloth so I wouldn’t know.the best way to clean your cue is with clean paper. It will remove dirt and naturally restore the shine by extremely lightly burnishing the surface. When your done the paper will be black and your cue will feel like brand new!
                              good tip this one.
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                              X