Body Sway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Sway

Hi guys and gals im looking for some advice!

When im down on a shot and I take my shot people have said that my body is moving a lot like its swaying. I personally don't notice it but im getting breaks of 30 - 40 kinda regular but im wondering what would I play like if I didn't have the body sway and managed to keep still when taking my shot.
    Well my question is how can I remedy this?

P.s. im thinking of paying £200 to have a coaching session with nigel bond in sheffield at some point early next year to try and get the kinks out of my game but thought I would ask you guys and gals first so I can try and work on it before hand.
    Simon Whitehead
    www.snookermaniacs.webs.com
    My snooker blog looking at the life of my snooker dream

Try emailing\tweeting etc Mark Selby :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Simon Whitehead View Post

When im down on a shot and I take my shot people have said that my body is moving a lot like its swaying. I personally don't notice it but im getting breaks of 30 - 40 kinda regular but im wondering what would I play like if I didn't have the body sway and managed to keep still when taking my shot.

P.s. im thinking of paying £200 to have a coaching session with nigel bond in sheffield at some point early next year to try and get the kinks out of my game but thought I would ask you guys and gals first so I can try and work on it before hand.
      Why pay £200 for someone to spot something you already know about ?
      To stop the swaying try taking a deep breath and hold it in when down on the shot, this tightens your body core without affecting your arm but if you're a very slow player you may pass out a few times
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Swaying can often be caused by a narrow stance. You need a solid base, be it a boxer stance or standing square on.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Lucky im a quick player! Im not paying 200 quid for somebody to show me something i already know its for general snooker techniques
          Simon Whitehead
          www.snookermaniacs.webs.com
          My snooker blog looking at the life of my snooker dream

Comment

Lucky im a quick player! Im not paying 200 quid for somebody to show me something i already know its for general snooker techniques
            Hi there. Yes, it's a good idea to let somebody have a look at your technique. It could be caused by an number of things. So getting set up correctly and knowing your technique is right, is a very good starting point.

And don't hold your breath on the shot.
            WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
            Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
              To stop the swaying try taking a deep breath and hold it in when down on the shot, this tightens your body core without affecting your arm but if you're a very slow player you may pass out a few times

Surely a few breaths are OK, but having a peg on the nose and closing mouth for last feather and shot would work?

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post

Surely a few breaths are OK, but having a peg on the nose and closing mouth for last feather and shot would work?
                No wonder he's swaying on the shot... The peg is upsetting his balance!
                WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                  No wonder he's swaying on the shot... The peg is upsetting his balance!
                  Maybe some very heavy ear-rings etc may help?

Being a little serious: this is more likely to be mental than physical, imho.

Comment

how tight is the cue to your chest?

Comment

did you have a session with Mr bond? did you know the great terry does sessions in Wales?

Comment

How wide is your stance? Could it be that you're not standing wide enough to have a comfortable position on the shot? Dennis Taylor in commentary on the Noppon Saegkham v Mark Williams match the other day was saying how having a wider stance and less square on was a solid stance to have. Maybe you need to adopt something similar.

If it is the stance. then imagine if someone was trying to push you over? Would they be able to? That's what a solid stance should offer you! Stability and comfort...
                        Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

Stance gets the butt of the cue on the line of aim, if you start changing your stance because someone told you it might be too narrow then your game could nosedive, be carefull.
                          Most people hold their breath when down in the stance, it's a subconscious thing and really helps keep the body still, after all you don't need your chest contact (if you have one) rising and falling as you breathe. If you're swaying a tad when down then maybe you don't and maybe you should.
                          Last edited by vmax; 10 December 2018, 08:09 PM.
                          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Stance gets the butt of the cue on the line of aim, if you start changing your stance because someone told you it might be too narrow then your game could nosedive, be carefull.
                            Most people hold their breathe when down in the stance, it's a subconscious thing and really helps keep the body still, after all you don't need your chest contact (if you have one) rising and falling as you breathe. If you're swaying a tad when down then maybe you don't and maybe you should.
                            Yep to that, especially the nose-diving. The only interesting info I read\heard was Nic B going on about (if right handed) the left foot controlling the left shoulder and cramping\freeing the cue action.

Film yourself on phone or similar..................

Comment

Most people hold their breathe when down in the stance, it's a subconscious thing and really helps keep the body still, after all you don't need your chest contact (if you have one) rising and falling as you breathe. If you're swaying a tad when down then maybe you don't and maybe you should.
                              I've adopted a wider stance as I found a too narrow one was making me pull cue off line and off balance. Found it helped keep body still much better as well, I said this might be the cause not definite...Little things...
                              Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

Working...
                              X