ADR Soft Or Medium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADR Soft Or Medium

I recently put a Talisman soft on my cue but just can't seem to get used to the hardness of it (it seems too hard!) I've heard a lot of good things about ADR's black tips (soft and medium) but which is the best for snooker, the soft or the medium and why?
    Last edited by dmorley85; 13 January 2018, 07:08 AM.

Personally for me the medium is best for snooker, it's firm but not too hard, grips really well and just feels right, however if a talisman soft was too hard for you then you may be better of going for the soft or even super soft ADR

Comment

I tried Talisman a few years ago and found them way too hard

I've always preferred Elks - usually selecting a tip from the box that I can just feel some give with my fingernail - then play it in so it feels firm but not hard

A few weeks ago I bought a few tips from Andrew - Box of Grand (Soft) - ElkPros (Soft) and some ADR147 (Soft Black)

I put the Grand on my regular cue and am quite pleased - but I put the ADR147 (soft) on an old cue - WOW !!!!!

I've been using the old cue non-stop - I really like the tip

The ADR147 Soft for me is still a firm/hard tip, but it bites the ball nicely and 'gives' just enough for me to feel the cue-ball

I play regularly usually about 3-5 times a week - and usually get through 3 Elks a year - I suspect this ADR will last much longer

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
        Personally for me the medium is best for snooker, it's firm but not too hard, grips really well and just feels right, however if a talisman soft was too hard for you then you may be better of going for the soft or even super soft ADR
        Talisman Soft is harder than a ADR147 Medium.
        VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
        Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
        Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
        Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone. I bought one from ADR's ebay shop the other day (a soft), it was delivered 2 days ago. Not put the tip on yet but it looks like a decent and well made tip. The talisman's have 11 layers on top of one another which are thin layers but the ADR tips have less layers (6 I think) but the layers are thicker. Looks a good tip but I won't be putting it on yet as I only put a Talisman soft on a few weeks ago and still getting used to the hardness of it. Not sure yet if the Talisman will be coming off soon!

Comment

Working...
          X