This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• j6 cue stories

2015 and id like to start the new year by sharing some of what iv been up to on my jig. as some of you may know iv been doing quite a bit of work on cues over the past few years, and im now on the way to finishing my first cues.
    just before xmas i courageously took the hand plane to my playing cue to extend it by 1/2 an inch, this was because i put a new ferrule on and took half an inch off the top in the process. i felt there was too much movement at the tip end of the shaft and i wanted to stiffen it and hopefully get more of a tighter spring when in play
    anyway its not quite finished but heres some pics

Last edited by j6uk; 1 January 2015, 03:08 PM.

Good stuff, must be rewarding to do that sort of thing yourself. You gone for a bigger tip now?

Comment

Very nice clean work j fairplay to you are going to fit a sd joint .

Comment

well iv been building the confidence over some time, in playing terms it feels like im just starting to beat some really nice players.
        on its the same ferrule, it was a 9.2 and now its closer to 9. feels more solid but im yet to play with it

Comment

j6 cue stories

Great work mate and the first of many more alterations and perhaps complete cues to come. :snooker:
          On Cue Facebook Page
          Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
          Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
            Very nice clean work j fairplay to you are going to fit a sd joint .
            no hot its gonna be a leather disk. i'll be doing it nowish, then pop over to the office to round it off

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
              Great work mate and the first of many more alterations and perhaps complete cues to come. :snooker:
              iv two on the hob, and i'll stick a few snaps for the lads to comment on

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
                Good stuff, must be rewarding to do that sort of thing yourself. You gone for a bigger tip now?
                before and after with the ferrule, i did a hand job and it turned out better, more flush to the wood than when it dropped out of that machine in china

Last edited by j6uk; 1 January 2015, 01:34 PM.

Comment

j6 cue stories

Nice work J6 - Folk shy away from 9mm for snooker but I think it works nicely and looks 'right' to my eyes. Currently on a 9.7mm and it looks and feels chunky
                  On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Nice work J6 - Folk shy away from 9mm for snooker but I think it works nicely and looks 'right' to my eyes. Currently on a 9.7mm and it looks and feels chunky
                    me too. i love all ferrule sizes and 9.5 is my lease desirable. i used an 11mm club cue in the late 80s for a good few years while a lot of the 30breakers were obsessing over 8mm.
                    yeah i like your 9.7 one of my best cues was that. but the two that i like the most are a 9.3 or a 10..
                    theres many on the tour riding a 9

Comment

That's great stuff J6 as others have said it must be great to be able to do that, very brave to do it on your playing cue, full credit. That ferrule looks great ,is it a short one?
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        That's great stuff J6 as others have said it must be great to be able to do that, very brave to do it on your playing cue, full credit. That ferrule looks great ,is it a short one?
                        thanks itis, yeah its 6mm depth whilst most are 8. i got one coming through with a lovely 10mm depth which i got give by robert o, pics up in a few days

Comment

who made this cue? might be an issue with the tapper. any pics? you could start a thread on cue tapers

Comment

j6 cue stories

Yeah I've got a few I could share and will do in the next couple of days mate.
                            On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

j6 cue stories

Just thought I'd add that I know it isn't that chunkier taper but feels noticeably larger than the 9mm I usually use
                              On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                              X