want a box of consistent old elk’s in 10mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want a box of consistent old elk’s in 10mm

Does anyone have the good old elks in 10mm? I need a box of 50. Thanks.

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
    Does anyone have the good old elks in 10mm? I need a box of 50. Thanks.
    Good luck with someone having a box that they are willing to sell....
    For that one you've always wanted...
    https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
      Good luck with someone having a box that they are willing to sell....
      Thanks Ninja.

Comment

I've a load of Long Ba's :wink:

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
          I've a load of Long Ba's :wink:
          Thanks mate. Maybe later.

Comment

you wont find em. and if you do, prepare to pay a fortune

Comment

Put the elk master in the microwave for 1 minute and it will get harder and more consistant.

Comment

Kamui MH or MW Blackspin would be my choice if you are looking for consistent hard tips

Comment

I would also have a look at Grand medium as well.
                  I use them or the Long BA's, both very consistent and close to elks without the big price

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                    I would also have a look at Grand medium as well.
                    I use them or the Long BA's, both very consistent and close to elks without the big price
                    Good advice from Ninja - I bought both having read your earlier posts - didn't like the Grand much but the Long BA was just like the good old Elk days. Only used one so far but had the perfect feel and was easy to shape. Can't go wrong for under a fiver for 50 - I won't bother with searching for a good Elk anymore.

You're unlikely to get a box of Elks where all 50 are good - maybe 10-20 - nobody is going to check each tip in the box so I think you're wasting your time. Either buy a box and accept that you'll pull of at least half of them, or start searching elsewhere!

Comment

Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
                      the Long BA was just like the good old Elk days. Only used one so far but had the perfect feel and was easy to shape. Can't go wrong for under a fiver for 50 - I won't bother with searching for a good Elk anymore.
                      They are very consistent from my experience.

Comment

Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
                        Good advice from Ninja - I bought both having read your earlier posts - didn't like the Grand much but the Long BA was just like the good old Elk days. Only used one so far but had the perfect feel and was easy to shape. Can't go wrong for under a fiver for 50 - I won't bother with searching for a good Elk anymore.

You're unlikely to get a box of Elks where all 50 are good - maybe 10-20 - nobody is going to check each tip in the box so I think you're wasting your time. Either buy a box and accept that you'll pull of at least half of them, or start searching elsewhere!
                        I'm going to give the soft a try as well, Grand that is.
                        See how they play and if you don't like the Grand you have, I will but then off you..

Original Source: want a box of consistent old elk’s in 10mm http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...#ixzz5F2EZEsZn
                        - TSF - TheSnookerForum.co.uk
                        Follow us: @TheSnookerForum on Twitter | TheSnookerForum on Facebook

Comment

I managed to get a couple of Grand tips from a kind friend to try so don't have any left to be honest. But thank you for the offer - appreciated :-)

Comment

Thanks everyone for the information. Ninja, I have a box of grand medium if you are interested.

Comment

Hi...
                              I want to try out a Long BA where can i get one ....
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X