Help me decide. Think its goin be a Phoenix Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me decide. Think its goin be a Phoenix Tip

Sliced the ****ty cheap tip off a new cue ive just bought.

Got a couple of Blue Diamonds and a couple of Elks here. Do I stick one of those on or get a phoenix Black Hard for £4.00 from Chesworth snooker? (Andrews only got the medium listed)

Heard mixed reviews about the phoenix tips but half the price of the Pro Granite and Kamui. Tried Talismans a couple of times but wasnt impressed. Descisions decisions.

Give me some positive vibes lads.
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Think i,ve tried almost every tip i can lay my hand on bar some of the 14mm ones . Been using phoenix hard for must be over a year which is a record for me . Just love them the feel , the hit the way they hold their shape and size , the way they hold chalk . Its only my opinion but for me they are the nicest tip i have found out there and if you are considering price and the value for money compare to some laminated tips they come up trumps for me .

Comment

Personally I didn't like the hard ones (too hard for me) but the medium ones were quite nice but still prefer Kamui mh

Comment

gotta agree with hotpot, phoenix are very good tips. I wouldn't touch another tip now unless the quality of these were to go downhill, I think I'll invest in a few packs of 10 just in case that were ever to happen.
        Only tried the medium which are fairly hard anyway, if you are comparing an elk or BD to a medium phoenix you would notice the difference, trying a hard phoenix may just be too hard IMO.

Comment

Notice not all the Phoenix tips are advertised as Black. Are there different ones?
          "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

If you get on with pressed tips you'll probably find the phoenix hard too firm, would go with the medium but like said it's still pretty hard...

Anyone know the story with the phoenix soft tips, do they still fall apart easily?
            Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Taken onboard all your comments and ordered a Phoenix medium. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Hi Maverick54

I am Phoenix Cue Thailand.

Thank you for your test and comment Phoenix Cue Tip.

Now I made new tips for player. ( December Complete )

You send address to me.

I can send new tips for your test.

Email : beemly39@hotmail.com

Best regards,

Phoenix Cue Thailand

Comment

Ive been using the Phoenix laminated tips for over a year now, the ones ive been using are the soft which have a great feel. I found the medium ones too hard, they felt like marble.
                  sigpic

Comment

Get an Adr147 tip, they're excellent

Comment

make yer own compressed elk milk duds or get someone to do it for ya - its the future

Them old type blue diamonds held it together well too - supprisingly good tips actually.
                      Last edited by Byrom; 11 December 2013, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Davis and Hendry won all their world titles with elks, Ronnie can't get enough of them, blindfolded you would not be able to tell the difference and they only make a difference in your mind, really they do - it's a great thing imagination.

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
                          Davis and Hendry won all their world titles with elks, Ronnie can't get enough of them, blindfolded you would not be able to tell the difference and they only make a difference in your mind, really they do - it's a great thing imagination.
                          No fair, they have loads of talent and can probably play to the highest standards with any type of tips available in the market.

I'd agree that oftentimes it's all in the mind, but then again, a major part of this game is played in the mind. Call it placebo effect or whatever, if a player finds confidence in playing with a certain brand/type of tip, then that's all that matters...
                          When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Any mediums available in 11mm?

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                              Any mediums available in 11mm?
                              Craftsman cues sell them.

http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...1.html#SID=198

Comment

Working...
                              X