Lining up the shot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lining up the shot.

We all know what the text book and coaches say about lining up the shot don't we!

Well I have been (am) watching Songsethingy playing Mark Williams and I have been quite surprised at the way he approaches his shots. We know that his is a very unique style, no one else does anything like it as far as I know but, what has taken me by surprise is that, on three or four occasions today, I have seen him adjust his line of aim when actually down on the shot. He has adjusted his aim quite markedly, this is clearly evident at the start of frame nine with Williams 6 - 0 up, Williams had just potted the Blue and refused a tricky red that was too close to the Black, he played safe and it was his opponents next shot where you can clearly see him twist his body to realign the shot.

Anyone else spotted this and have any thoughts?

I posted this shot by Akani on another thread, before I read this. Posting again here as Johnny suggested it seems more useful to your thread. As Johnny mentions you clearly see Sunny move after lining the shot and wondered if this is how he adjusts for playing side possibly, right hand side in the case of this shot. https://youtu.be/BqWTdXQI7qI
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

its a strange thing.. a long time ago when i was first learning to use side (i dont do this now btw) but i asked someone how he aims with side and the fella goes "i aim the ball like normal plain ball but after my final back swing, i strike at the side of the ball"

sort of like cueing across the ball. anyways, i tried it and it actually worked for me but i didnt agree with it so done things the text book way LOL

Comment

As long as you can find something that works for you and you can replicate it, don't worry about what the text book says. Let the outcome of the shot determine what's right for you.

I must add, 'text book' technique exists for a reason... 99/100 it will be the simplest method that a player can learn and replicate to improve. There will always be exceptions.

Comment

Akani is a great player with his own unique style of play, throws the text book out the window.

Comment

Working...
          X