Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round Butt

I know what your thinking and it's not one of them threads
    I've never played with a round butt or seen one, hmmm hold on it might be one of those threads Was just wondering where you grab hold if no badge etc and looks identical all the way round???

That was the idea I had but I don't think it works like that. Weather ash or maple (very light grain), you will train your eye subconsciously on a specific part of the grain and end up striking the cue ball with the same part of the tip

Comment

I am sure I watched a youtube video with Jimmy White recently. He said because his butt was round he has to turn the cue before a shot until he gets to the part he likes to sight the from.

Comment

I can't edit my post it was meant to say
        "I am sure I watched a youtube video with Jimmy White recently. He said because his butt was round he has to turn the cue before a shot until he gets to the part he likes to sight from."

Comment

My tw cue has a round butt and I find myself spinning it around on some shots to find the grain.

Comment

I had one for a short while, drove me bananas constantly trying to find the chevrons !
            Probably a very good idea on a maple cue but just doesn't work on ash

Comment

I must admit I was curious. I have a maple cue unbadged but still has the flat piece <<< TECHNICAL TERM on the butt and I'm bad enough rotating that all the time before playing my shot. I suppose there might be something like the grain etc which you could sight from.

Didn't know Jimmy played with a round butt. Any idea what make of cue he's using now?

While the idea of a round butt appeals. I've a feeling it would drive me bananas also trying to constantly find the exact same spot to sight from.

Comment

Whites using a new parris ultimate, he switched to it pretty recently. No idea if it has a round butt or not.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                  Whites using a new parris ultimate, he switched to it pretty recently. No idea if it has a round butt or not.
                  Thanks narl

Comment

That's the butt of his previous cue, it had been lengthened several times so the butt was super long, it was originally round but as you can see a flat was added at some point. And the badge is sideways for some reason.

Comment

I had my first cue made for me about 30 years ago and had a round butt put on it as I never liked the flat.
                      Plus the main session it was there in the first place has stopped being used a very long time ago.
                      Ever cue I've made for myself since, I've made with a round butt.
                      Helped that I prefer maple but use a beech cue at the mo and don't look for grain.
                      For that one you've always wanted...
                      https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post

That's the butt of his previous cue, it had been lengthened several times so the butt was super long, it was originally round but as you can see a flat was added at some point. And the badge is sideways for some reason.
                        Yes I recognize that cue and it's well known becuse of the amount of work on it. Badge is strange sideways but I suppose whatever the customer wants especially if there a pro

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                          I had my first cue made for me about 30 years ago and had a round butt put on it as I never liked the flat.
                          Plus the main session it was there in the first place has stopped being used a very long time ago.
                          Ever cue I've made for myself since, I've made with a round butt.
                          Helped that I prefer maple but use a beech cue at the mo and don't look for grain.
                          I like the idea of a round butt but in theory but in practise I think it would drive me up the wall

Comment

Can't use a flat , always use a round butt cue .
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Looking at white playing the snooker legends thing it looks like his new cue also has a round butt considering the badge is a bit higher than one with a flat. Flat or round personally doesn't really bother me one way or the other, its not that often you would be holding the cue right at the point where you would feel a flat.
                              Last edited by narl; 9 January 2018, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X