Tip's (Currently using Talisman)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip's (Currently using Talisman)

I got the general consensous a few years ago on the board that these were pretty good tips and I have to say I do like the Talisman soft seem very consistent, good reaction and long lasting.

Has there been any advancement in the world of tips since my time away from snooker?
    Are these still considered a good bet on tips or are there other alternatives?

Thanks

Derek

Yes Ritchie at Mac cues still uses them.and am sure last time a was at his he told me stephen maguire still using Talisman i use a tsf tip.on my trever white love it
    Current playing cue Trevor White
    3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
      Yes Ritchie at Mac cues still uses them.and am sure last time a was at his he told me stephen maguire still using Talisman i use a tsf tip.on my trever white love it
      I know quite a few people still using Talisman Soft's as they play straight in and are generally consistent.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
        Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
        I know quite a few people still using Talisman Soft's as they play straight in and are generally consistent.
        Hey fella, would you say they are close to what a good old blue diamond was? Sorry you've probably answered several times before on my next question (to other members). What tips did you like best of old and what is your preference now?

I really love the Phoenix black medium and could easily stick to that for consistency from now on. But before I buy a box I'm just looking to get a feel for what could possibly be even better! It's that purchase researcher in me that keeps looking because there is so much bloody choice! : )
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Snap!

What about the Century Pro - anyone tried these?

Comment

Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
            Snap!

What about the Century Pro - anyone tried these?
            Is about the same as Buffalo Diamond Plus tips . Abit more consistent i would say .

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
              Hey fella, would you say they are close to what a good old blue diamond was? Sorry you've probably answered several times before on my next question (to other members). What tips did you like best of old and what is your preference now?

I really love the Phoenix black medium and could easily stick to that for consistency from now on. But before I buy a box I'm just looking to get a feel for what could possibly be even better! It's that purchase researcher in me that keeps looking because there is so much bloody choice! : )
              Good question. Not the same but similar is about all I can say. The problem is that my similar is someone elses' miles out!
              You best bet is to buy one and try it as they play straight in, at least you'll know then mate and can decide to go with it or shelve the idea for good.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Good question. Not the same but similar is about all I can say. The problem is that my similar is someone elses' miles out!
                You best bet is to buy one and try it as they play straight in, at least you'll know then mate and can decide to go with it or shelve the idea for good.
                Thanks Marc. As this is my first Laminate and its been a good experience I think that is a good idea before stock Pilling the draw with more stuff I might end up not using.

There's a £7 elk pro sitting in there that I can't bring myself to try because I've heard they're not consistent either! Lol. I can't stand the disappointment ; )
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

MW Supertip , back to their best in my opinion .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                    MW Supertip , back to their best in my opinion .
                    I might have a look at them Neil to see what they are like.

I guess we all have a favourite as we are after different things from a tip.

Comment

Talisman were the original laminated tips used for snooker - twas me that first used them but now there are many that are better quality.
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                        Talisman were the original laminated tips used for snooker - twas me that first used them but now there are many that are better quality.
                        I guess what people struggle with Andy is that if they find a tip that ticks the boxes they stick with it rather than that eternal quest to find better.
                        if you are a searcher it's probably difficult to stop changing up so to speak.

Comment

I guess what people struggle with Andy is that if they find a tip that ticks the boxes they stick with it rather than that eternal quest to find better.
                          if you are a searcher it's probably difficult to stop changing up so to speak.
                          the trouble is the makers don't always keep the same quality - for sure that was the case with them.

Comment

I used tally softs had a few good ones then next two fell apart
                            Had the same problem with Phoenix softs before the talismans.
                            Now just on old elk masters .
                            As you say quality control seems to be poor
                            Considering the price both good tips but what's the point in buying if they are not made well enough.

Comment

Originally Posted by chas6868 View Post
                              I used tally softs had a few good ones then next two fell apart
                              Had the same problem with Phoenix softs before the talismans.
                              Now just on old elk masters .
                              As you say quality control seems to be poor
                              Considering the price both good tips but what's the point in buying if they are not made well enough.
                              the main reason i started my own was because after years of using talisman softs they kept falling apart.

Comment

Working...
                              X