Hello fellow baize lovers! Any of you in sunny wolves looking 4 a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello fellow baize lovers! Any of you in sunny wolves looking 4 a game

Just trying to get back into the game after some years, had some lessons to brush up my cue action as I suspected that was holding me back in the past . Anyone looking for a game in the area let me know or I could travel if your not too far.

Welcome to TSF , :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Welshbaizeboy View Post
      Just trying to get back into the game after some years, had some lessons to brush up my cue action as I suspected that was holding me back in the past . Anyone looking for a game in the area let me know or I could travel if your not too far.
      Alright mate, I'm looking for someone to play regularly. I'm from Droitwich, perhaps we could meet half way to play. I'm looking to play once or twice a week. My highest break is 36, but a lot of times I don't even make 20 so I'm not very good really but I'm looking to improve as well.

Comment

Welcome to TSF
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Thanks Ramon

Comment

Thanks Neil:snooker:

Comment

Hi, Mate looks like we won't be far of the same level , could we meet in Birmingham? does that work 4 you ? We will be regular 50 makers before we know it:snooker:

Comment

Welcome to the forum mate. I'm based in Wolves as well. Where do you usually play?

Comment

Hi, Mate looks like we won't be far of the same level , could we meet in Birmingham? does that work 4 you ? We will be regular 50 makers before we know it:snooker:
                  Yh, we should have a good game. Would Stourbridge be any good for you? It's about the same distance as Birmingham from Wolverhampton and the parking will be easier.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                    Welcome to the forum mate. I'm based in Wolves as well. Where do you usually play?
                    Been doing a bit of practise at the 24 hour bad boy in Bilston after finding it and sometimes been popping into Rileys as it's a bit closer to me. Was thinking of joining 1 of the social clubs to play in a league this Winter that is sort of my aim to get playing competitively in a couple of months.Where do you play Mark?

Comment

Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
                      Yh, we should have a good game. Would Stourbridge be any good for you? It's about the same distance as Birmingham from Wolverhampton and the parking will be easier.
                      Yeah could do that, are you a member of any clubs over that way or know of any decent ones?

Comment

Been doing a bit of practise at the 24 hour bad boy in Bilston after finding it and sometimes been popping into Rileys as it's a bit closer to me. Was thinking of joining 1 of the social clubs to play in a league this Winter that is sort of my aim to get playing competitively in a couple of months.Where do you play Mark?
                        I play at goldencue maybe once a month but my regular club is the electric club in Chapel Ash just outside Wolves town centre. They have 4 tables and it's two pound an hour so cheaper than the snooker clubs. They have three teams in the West Midlands leagues as well.

Comment

Yeah could do that, are you a member of any clubs over that way or know of any decent ones?
                          There is the Kingswinford snooker club which looks like it has a good setup. Or there are a couple of working mens clubs in Stourbridge. The working mens clubs would work out cheaper, but I'd have to check the situation with membership. The Kingswinford snooker club advertises free membership on its website with an offer: http://www.kingswinfordsnooker.co.uk...pecial-offers/
                          Kingswinford is also a shorter drive for you, it's near Dudley.

I'm ideally looking for a game about once a week, Saturdays are good. The Kingswinford snooker centre is probably the best option, at least at first. Let me know what you think, cheers.
                          Last edited by jamesg19851; 6 August 2017, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
                            There is the Kingswinford snooker club which looks like it has a good setup. Or there are a couple of working mens clubs in Stourbridge. The working mens clubs would work out cheaper, but I'd have to check the situation with membership. The Kingswinford snooker club advertises free membership on its website with an offer: http://www.kingswinfordsnooker.co.uk...pecial-offers/
                            Kingswinford is also a shorter drive for you, it's near Dudley.

I'm ideally looking for a game about once a week, Saturdays are good. The Kingswinford snooker centre is probably the best option, at least at first. Let me know what you think, cheers.
                            Sounds like this would be perfect for you James. Get yourself a regular game where both of you are keen to learn and push each other on. It's a pity I don't drive or I could have played you more regular myself.

Comment

Cars of the rd at the min James so when I get that sorted no problem but at the moment would be easier 4 me if there is a train station nearby.

Comment

Working...
                              X