Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authentic Parris cue?

Hello everyone,

A full 7 years after my first post on these forums, I am returning with another plea for information on a cue I acquired from a car boot sale a few years ago. I've included some images in my Photobucket album (here) and, as you can see, the badge of the cue claims to be a John Parris Elite. Can I ask if anyone has any advice on discerning its age and authenticity? It certainly seems too good to be true.

Back Story: As I say, this was a discovery from a car boot sale (probably around 4 or 5 years ago). I initially noticed the shaft on the ground and, upon realising it was from a 3/4 joint cue (a rare find at car boot sales), I proceeded to search for the butt end. I eventually found this at the other end of the stall - you can imagine my reaction upon noticing the name on the badge! I didn't negotiate on the price I was quoted by the seller (£2 seemed reasonable!). I think the sellers were in the trade of house clearances (perhaps the source of this cue).

The cue itself is in a pretty poor state of repair. No ferrule and a notable splinter emerging about 3 inches from the tip. I daren't use it on account of it breaking it. [I hope to have time to share another car boot sale find with you soon - again, one that seems to good to be true].

Many thanks!

Looks like a parris cue..

Comment

needs a little work but looks right.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Should sent it for a refurb and start using it.

Comment

Working...
        X