Small Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Tip

I've seen mention of cues with 7-8mm tips on and was wondering what would be involved in say changing up to a 9.5mm tip for instance. I gather it's not as easy as just replacing the tip. Just curious as to whats involved and if it's worth the hassle.

To increase that much the cue would need extending at the butt end with 4 additional splices, then shorten the tip end to get to the required diameter. Too big a job really and will cost minimum of around £100 plus postage if needed. Whole cue would feel different to

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      To increase that much the cue would need extending at the butt end with 4 additional splices, then shorten the tip end to get to the required diameter. Too big a job really and will cost minimum of around £100 plus postage if needed. Whole cue would feel different to
      Thanks jrc750 that makes sense. Never gave it much thought before and just assumed you could put any size tip on straight away. Sounds like a lot of work and cost involved. Toyed with the idea of getting something which I would then look into changing the spec ie length and tip size. Obviously the cue would feel different but now worried it would devalue the cue.

Comment

Well you could leave cue alone and just put a massive oversize mushroom tip on it

Comment

If you did that, you would have to do more to make it feel right.
          Would also need to take the weight out and reweight it or it will feel very forward heavy.
          For that one you've always wanted...
          https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Working...
          X