• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Richard snooker cues

Hi guys,
    Just bought a snooker cue off of amazon which is made by a Mark Richards,
    Just wondered if anyone knows about his work,
    Saw one last week and for the money decided to buy one for myself,
    Below is the link to the product, looks nice by pictures but wondered what you guys know/thought.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Originally Posted by zach123 View Post
    Hi guys,
    Just bought a snooker cue off of amazon which is made by a Mark Richards,
    Just wondered if anyone knows about his work,
    Saw one last week and for the money decided to buy one for myself,
    Below is the link to the product, looks nice by pictures but wondered what you guys know/thought.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    there is no such person, i have a number of these cues with different names on them they are ok for the money but were never worth £300 !!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Knew they wouldn't be worth £300 Adr,
      Although am surprised about the name thing but fair enough,
      Would of asked you about buying a cue, but someone had one at the rileys I've started going to and although bit heavier played like my cue at home,
      Just after something that I could play with in Nottingham while I'm studying here couldn't get on with the pub cues,
      Still hopefully it plays alright
      Last edited by zach123; 5 October 2013, 07:49 PM.

Comment

will be better than a pub cue but tip will be terrible.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Yeah I was reading the reviews and they said that,
          just gonna have to find a new tip off someone,
          elkmaster is what I'm used to, just wanted something that I can get used to and will play as a half reasonable cue

Comment

it is just a re-seller for the Chinese mass produced cue kits which can be picked up from ebay for 40 give or take and looks from the ad as if the makers/sellers in china are getting cuter and making different named badges in the style of parris badges but as ADR says they are good value for money and perfectly adequate for pub/club players

Comment

It seems like Made In China. Not good enough. Although I'm Chinese.

Comment

Originally Posted by fatnew View Post
                It seems like Made In China. Not good enough. Although I'm Chinese.
                Not good enough for what? I have been playing with an LP cue for the last 18Months, and it is great, its straight, it has the right size tip, it is the right length and the right weight for me, all I did was rub it down to oil it, now don't get me wrong i am no ROS that's for sure, highest break is 32, but for my needs and the amount i play it has served me well.

Just purchased a Master Cue from a member on here as i wanted something a bit better, but the LP cue has been fine for getting me going and keeping me interested. A nice MW or JP would give me bragging rights at the club, but it is NOT going to make me play any better.

Comment

Yeah I've played with a number of JP's while at home and although lovely can't really afford one as on a budget so went for 60 pounds might as well get this cue which is likely chinese and its the luck of the draw, if its a nice ash then it'll be a good cue but odds of that I'm not sure are high or slim, most likely slim

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
                    it is just a re-seller for the Chinese mass produced cue kits which can be picked up from ebay for 40 give or take and looks from the ad as if the makers/sellers in china are getting cuter and making different named badges in the style of parris badges but as ADR says they are good value for money and perfectly adequate for pub/club players
                    what a snob.pub and club players! where do you think people play?

Comment

I've got a Robin Scott which is very similar to this. Another Chinese hand made cue. As others have said. I just put a new Elkmaster on it and away I went.
                      It's a much better cue then I am a player.

290658475467.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                        I've got a Robin Scott which is very similar to this. Another Chinese hand made cue. As others have said. I just put a new Elkmaster on it and away I went.
                        It's a much better cue then I am a player.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14783[/ATTACH]
                        I think this has been alluded to already, essentially this Richard and Robin (and others) cues are probably made by the same people but with different badges on
                        And they are all on Ebay ranging from £29.99 to £2,999 so people see them as getting a massive deal
                        And often they are pretty ok cues.
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          I think this has been alluded to already, essentially this Richard and Robin (and others) cues are probably made by the same people but with different badges on
                          And they are all on Ebay ranging from £29.99 to £2,999 so people see them as getting a massive deal
                          And often they are pretty ok cues.
                          Yeah. Probably some factory in China firing them out at a huge rate. Still. For the money, they are a great cue. Nice and straight. Feels good. Looks good. A perfect budget cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                            what a snob.pub and club players! where do you think people play?
                            lol, what I meant was and as has been said on this thread that it is a better cue than most players are/need, ie, most players don't knock in half centuries and above so this cue is good value for the average pub/club player - people only need to buy more serious cues if they are serious players or want one because they want one. these cues are better than what could be bought for the money from riley etc many years ago

like golfers who spend hundreds on clubs and most of their day looking in the bushes for their balls, bling never replaces ability and isn't needed to get ability

Comment

Originally Posted by Maxsys View Post
                              Not good enough for what? I have been playing with an LP cue for the last 18Months, and it is great, its straight, it has the right size tip, it is the right length and the right weight for me, all I did was rub it down to oil it, now don't get me wrong i am no ROS that's for sure, highest break is 32, but for my needs and the amount i play it has served me well.

Just purchased a Master Cue from a member on here as i wanted something a bit better, but the LP cue has been fine for getting me going and keeping me interested. A nice MW or JP would give me bragging rights at the club, but it is NOT going to make me play any better.
                              I'm also using LP cue. I think Chinese cue is NOT the rubbish, but it need to be improved. Some details just like taper, coating, polish and so on, English cue maybe better about these.

These're my cues (the two snakewood wih no badge are LP cue)
                              http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/fa...?sort=9&page=1

Comment

Working...
                              X