Oiling and cleaning your cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oiling and cleaning your cue

So I’m new hear and after perusing the forums I realised I should have cleaned my cue properly and oiled it.
    I’ve had it for 19 years and it’s only had a wipe down with a dry duster !!
    Anyway yesterday I cleaned it with a damp cloth and couldn’t believe how much chalk and muck came off it.
    I searched the garage for linseed oil to no avail but I found some flax oil in the kitchen and wiped the cue down with it and was surprised how much sank into the wood.
    I left it overnight and wiped it down with kitchen roll and then buffed it with a clean microfibre cloth.
    What a massive difference ! It feels silky smooth and I can’t wait to play a few frames tomorrow
    Flax oil = highly recommended 👍

Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    So I’m new hear and after perusing the forums I realised I should have cleaned my cue properly and oiled it.
    I’ve had it for 19 years and it’s only had a wipe down with a dry duster !!
    Anyway yesterday I cleaned it with a damp cloth and couldn’t believe how much chalk and muck came off it.
    I searched the garage for linseed oil to no avail but I found some flax oil in the kitchen and wiped the cue down with it and was surprised how much sank into the wood.
    I left it overnight and wiped it down with kitchen roll and then buffed it with a clean microfibre cloth.
    What a massive difference ! It feels silky smooth and I can’t wait to play a few frames tomorrow
    Flax oil = highly recommended ��
    They are a few old you can use for finishing cues.
    Linseed bring just one, some use lemon oil or a mix of a few.
    As long as your happy with the finish, is all that matters.
    For that one you've always wanted...
    https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

So I thought, this oil smells like putty. After a quick google search it turns out that flax oil is actually an edible form of linseed oil.
      That explains why it worked so well ����

Comment

Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
        So I thought, this oil smells like putty. After a quick google search it turns out that flax oil is actually an edible form of linseed oil.
        That explains why it worked so well ����
        Putty has linseed oil in it, so that's why it smells the same.
        For that one you've always wanted...
        https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

I use Mike Wooldridge cue oil which gives a lovely gloss finish

Comment

Working...
          X