Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry Hawkins Cue

I just saw Barry posted this picture on twitter

I don't think I have ever seen a cue where the badge is placed over the line between 2 splices like that before?
    Anyone seen that before or have any information on the cue? Maybe it is common and I have just not noticed?

All i can think of is he holds the cue with the grain a certain way and the badge lines up with that ?
    Certainly not common

Comment

Does the badge look off center to you as well?
      It does to me but I'm not sure if it's the angle/shadow/lighting or something

Comment

Yeah it's definetly offset

Comment

Obviously placed in a position he wanted it, odd positioning to say the least.

Comment

Surprised nobody has suggested it shows how poor the splices have been done that the badge is in the right position but the splices are miles out! Oh no wait, this is a pros cue so therefore it doesn't matter so much cos everyone has seen how good Hawkins plays with it.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
              Surprised nobody has suggested it shows how poor the splices have been done that the badge is in the right position but the splices are miles out! Oh no wait, this is a pros cue so therefore it doesn't matter so much cos everyone has seen how good Hawkins plays with it.
              It's a Classic cue, so hence those splices have been added on, it's clearly been done like that on purpose

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                It's a Classic cue, so hence those splices have been added on, it's clearly been done like that on purpose
                If I am not mistaken, all factory made JP classics until now are plain ebony right?
                Last edited by fkhan; 13 January 2019, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                  If I am not mistaken, all factory made JP classics until now are plain ebony right?
                  Yes the Classic is always plain ebony and always will be i imagine.
                  This cue has had splices added probably to extend it or just for the looks alone who knows

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    Yes the Classic is always plain ebony and always will be i imagine.
                    This cue has had splices added probably to extend it or just for the looks alone who knows
                    Thanks mate.

Comment

Working...
                    X