Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback and a question

Hi,

I posted a while back about wanting to give up as I couldn’t beat my mate for a year.

I’m about 6-2 up over last 8 frames.

What’s helped me is by having a pre shot routine. Also, this includes going from “feel” potting angles, to actually observing BOB.

I’ve found much more potting success in finding BOB, and then thinking about how balls look at impact. However, I find that the 1/2 ball is the basis of aiming. 1/2 ball is easy to see, it’s diagonal. Often I am using 1/2 ball and seeing how thick or thin it is.

I even line the centre of the cue to this system. I won off a lovely brown, from about halfway between baulk and blue tonight. I could see it was a thick half ball. I lined the cue up just inside the edge of OB and just played that line.

Anyone aim like this? I find trying to make BOB “appear” isn’t as accurate.

I am much, much slower now but playing better.

Yes I use a similar system to you and it works more often than not. For instance, if I have a shot on that is a fine cut, I look at it and say to myself, if I play this shot as the finest of snicks, the object ball will miss the pocket by x amount, I then assess where a 1/4 ball shot will send the object ball and then make the appropriate adjustment somewhere in between. I apply this method to all shots and eventually 'memory' takes over and, it all becomes second nature.
    The biggest improvement in my game has come from staying down on the shot, with a very smooth stroking of the cue ball, rather than a hit/snatch and, a good positive follow through though the cue ball. This has all come from the help given by the great guys on here, to whom I once again offer my considerable thanks.
    I joined a new club about 18 months ago and won the 2017 singles and doubles tournaments at my first attempt and, last night I won the 2018 singles tournament again, defeating an ex league player. This is testament to the input/guidance by the established members of this forum.

Comment

Hi , can you please examin my cue action ,

Comment

What does BOB mean?

Comment

Originally Posted by peejaytwo View Post
          What does BOB mean?

ps Back of Ball - the point on the opposite side of the object ball from the pocket you are aiming for, this point is where you aim the cue ball at
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Ty, I was thinking it was Back Of Object Ball, but no one mentioned BOOB.

Comment

I like BOOB better 😎

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                I like BOOB better ��
                I am not putting up a video for that!
                Find your own
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                X