Ton praram cues or O'min cues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ton praram cues or O'min cues?

I've been hearing alot about ton praram cues from Thailand, are they better than O'min ? Does anyone have any past experience in using them?

not really a matter of being better than any other make, but whether it works for you better than any other cue :biggrin:

a friend has a Ton Praram cue for over a year now and it is a lovely cue, he loves it, I have player with it and it has a nice solid hit about it
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Beautiful wood and beautifully made. Ton is a great carftsman

Comment

Greenbaize sell a lot of Ton Praram cues, Stu is a great guy. If you can I'd recommend going up to try cues out there.

Comment

Sorry, I've just seen that you live in India. You might be best ordering one direct from Ton Praram. Good luck with getting a cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by dheepanshusukhija View Post
            I've been hearing alot about ton praram cues from Thailand, are they better than O'min ? Does anyone have any past experience in using them?
            Both are good quality cues. Every cue plays different even of the same spec/brand. Get one that suits your game.
            Last edited by fkhan; 30 April 2018, 03:44 AM.

Comment

I recently got my hands on a Ton Praram Series 1. It plays very nicely and I have been preferring it above my other cue when playing pool, despite it only being 57inch (im 6 foot2 and usually play with a 58inch cue). Gives some really good action.

Comment

Yes, I fully agree. The feel of the TP cues is just awesome. Obviously this will vary somewhat from cue to cue, but I have 4 and none of them are poor. I have a TP pool cue with Amboyna burl splice if anyone interested - not playing pool so surplus to requirements.

PM me if interested

Comment

Is Ton praram series 1 decent enough?

Comment

Is Ton praram series 1 decent enough?
                    I tried out a bunch of Ton Praram's a few months ago. In all honesty, in terms of how they played, I didn't think there was much difference between the series 1 and 2 shafts. It seemed to be more of an appearance thing.

Comment

Thinking of ordering it as my prime cue, worth it?
                      Never seen anyone in India using a tp but heard alot on the forum so a bit confused. The wood they use is good right? Because here all I hear is O'min

Comment

Thinking of ordering it as my prime cue, worth it?
                        Never seen anyone in India using a tp but heard alot on the forum so a bit confused. The wood they use is good right? Because here all I hear is O'min
                        It’s a good cue.

Comment

There is no difference in playability between any of Ton's cues - he says so in his video with Nick Barrow on YouTube - watch all the episodes and you will not be disapointed after you order one.

He is very clear - it's purely aesthetics.

Also, I was in John Parris' shop last week - my friend picked up his Ultimate. John was not there as I think he was probably in Sheffield, but his colleague also said the same thing - minimal difference in playability - all down to the look of the cue.

You will definitely be happy with your cue

Comment

this helps as I am sourcing a TP cue in India, thanks!

Comment

I currently have 5 Ton Cues with me. 4 1 pc and 1 3/4th.
                              The cues are excellent. Super smooth finish and a very solid hit.... Very Solid.

They are at par with some top-of-the-range cues like Maximus and Phoenix.

From personal experience, i can say that omin can no longer be trusted as the quality of their cues has deteriorated a lot. Also so many fake omins are around that its difficult to authenticate the cues all the times. I fell sad to see the poor kids and the amateur players spending a few thousand rupees on chinese duplicate omins.

My opinion is that wood, especially good quality wood is scarce now and a good cue with good quality will cost a wee bit more so its better to make a larger investment and buy a good quality cue.

Currently i have 27 cues out of which my 2 favourite cue are my John Parris Traditionals. I would also strongly recommend Phoenix and Maximus cues. Their craftsmanship and solid hit is at par with some of the best English cue makers.

Comment

Working...
                              X