Rules about missing balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules about missing balls

Good evening, i read this on wikipedia, is it correct?

Because players receive points for fouls by their opponents, snookering one's opponent a number of times in a row is a possible way of winning a frame when potting all the balls on the table would be insufficient to ensure a win.

Thanks for answer

Yes
    You can snooker someone as many times as you want, and get points every time if they fail to hit the ball on.

Comment

This rules is the same for Pro and for amateur?

Comment

Yes it's the name of the game
        It's called snooker not potting

Comment

Thank you, i m an italian player and i don t know all therules, but "it s called snooker not potting" is the same answer i give to other "expert" italians players, they told me beginners can re shots 1-3-5 times, not more, you can t win a frame by faults. Thanks again.

Comment

Obviously it's not very sporting of you just to snooker someone all the time just for the sake of it, as soon as you have gained enough points from your snookers to be able to win then you should be then trying to pot the balls left on the table

Comment

Originally Posted by Martinpi View Post

Because players receive points for fouls by their opponents, snookering one's opponent a number of times in a row is a possible way of winning a frame when potting all the balls on the table would be insufficient to ensure a win.

Thanks for answer
              At first I wasn't sure what the title of this thread has to do with the quote but now I'm thinking it's something to do with the scenario of behind so far behind in a frame you have no hope of winning but you can still rely on your opponent forfeiting the frame due to rule about missing a ball on where the ref gives a warning after the second miss. I don't think the ref even needs to give the warning for the forfeit to stand but I doubt any player would lose a frame like that.
              www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

I'm not exactly sure what the question is now either ?

Comment

Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                  Originally Posted by Martinpi View Post

Thanks for answer
                  At first I wasn't sure what the title of this thread has to do with the quote but now I'm thinking it's something to do with the scenario of behind so far behind in a frame you have no hope of winning but you can still rely on your opponent forfeiting the frame due to rule about missing a ball on where the ref gives a warning after the second miss. I don't think the ref even needs to give the warning for the forfeit to stand but I doubt any player would lose a frame like that.

My reading of the orininal post and thread title is that it has nothing to do with F&M but purely gaining penalty points by laying snookers by telephone opponent missing the ball(s) on.
                  The OP then asked is there a limit to the number of snookers a player can do - the first answer by JRC is correct - there is no limit to the number of snookers for any player (pro am club) can play.
                  As always once snookers are required (not enough points on the table to win the match by the points scored) the player can concede the frame OR they can attempt to gain the penalty points - totally up to them.

But as JRC said it is not usually the done thing to retry for a large number of snookers when you can be getting on with the next frame - especially when you are playing for the table time but you have the right to if you wish.
                  If you do this many times you may find the number of people wanting to play you down the club slowly reducing

Ref warning is required as it clearly tells both players and the audience that the situation exists - in the time they take considering their shot I think a pro could forget (I think Poomjeang forgot that time he missed 3 times ) and we have seen pros both winning and losing frames in this situation.
                  Last edited by DeanH; 18 February 2018, 01:05 PM.
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                  X