Hello from Norway!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Norway!

Hello everyone. Been lurking here for a few months, so i thought it's about time i said hi!

After a long-time hiatus from cue sports i finally rekindled the spark in Feb. this year at 28y/o. I played quite a bit of pool in my late teens, and dabbed a tiny bit into snooker, but other interests pulled me away..

Now i'm here to stay!
    I've been playing almost daily the past 8 months, working a lot on my technique and understanding of the game, and i feel like i'm able to reach a decent standard in the years to come thanks to self-coaching from this forum and youtube. Below is a link to a video of my new record break on the lineup from yesterday - tips and critique is highly appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1JaMHwyZfY

Cheers!

welcome to TSF Fluffy (love the name )
    If you trawl through the Coaching section you will find some good advice
    Ask any question, however silly you may think it is, no question is silly
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hello Fluffy,

You can pot balls and your technique is very good.
      If this is your natural way of paying then do not try to change it. Your pause at the back of each shot could be longer but who really cares? I don't have a long pause prior to shooting, but the balls go in the pocket and that's all what matters :snooker:

You have a Zen Buddhist type approach which looks calming to the eye.

My only point would be, not to bother to count a line up practice as a break (in this case 75) because it is delusional. In match play the balls won't be lined up - just take confidence that you are potting well...

As Bruce once said "Boards don't hit back..."

Welcome to tsf
      "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
      National Snooker Expo
      25-27 October 2019
      http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
        My only point would be, not to bother to count a line up practice as a break (in this case 75) because it is delusional. In match play the balls won't be lined up - just take confidence that you are potting well...
        Ah yes, i see what you mean, my high break is currently 47. Practice is just that, practice, and i don't really count it as a break, but numbers can make progress easier to measure.

Thank you for the kind words

Comment

Welcome to TSF , what cue do you use and which tip do you use ?
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            Welcome to TSF , what cue do you use and which tip do you use ?
            I use a generic BCE England 3/4 cue, and i vary between Elks and Blue Diamond tips. There's a BD on there right now, and this particular one is pretty hard and feels very nice.

Comment

Working...
            X