The Quest for Chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Quest for Chalk

Current chalk is just about at the kaput stage. So I thought I would shout out to the masses and see what the preferred option is. I think i'm currently using blue triangle chalk. Does green or blue make a difference and brand etc???

Originally Posted by Dredd46 View Post
    Current chalk is just about at the kaput stage. So I thought I would shout out to the masses and see what the preferred option is. I think i'm currently using blue triangle chalk. Does green or blue make a difference and brand etc???
    I use to use the green triangle chalk but changed to master's green.
    Did try the pro triangle chalk but got more kicks than I've ever had so binned it...
    For that one you've always wanted...
    https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

One for masters green

Comment

Also use masters green

Comment

For hard tips Masters green is the best without a doubt

Comment

The dye used to colour the chalk has an effect on whether it sticks to the cue ball, the darker the colour the worse it seems to be. I'm now using Master grey; now I'm not sure of this but I think it's the natural colour before any dye is used so it shouldn't stick to the cue ball as much.
            As it's grey you can't see it very well if it does, but I'm not getting as many kicks now and the tip grips the cue ball just as well as the Master green I used to use.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
              Did try the pro triangle chalk but got more kicks than I've ever had so binned it...
              So that's my excuse for missing

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                So that's my excuse for missing
                Using that pro stuff, I've never had so many kinds off balls and was starting to get them almost every few frames...

Comment

Can't remember if i tried the Master Green , isn't this the one that is quite dusty when you use it ?
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Yes Neil. You only need one swipe across your tip and you're good to go

Comment

i have a hard enough time keeping the cue and my hands clean with triangle green, what would master green be like? using a grand soft which is still classed as a hard tip in my view!

Comment

Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
                        i have a hard enough time keeping the cue and my hands clean with triangle green, what would master green be like? using a grand soft which is still classed as a hard tip in my view!
                        I have found Master green crumblier than Triangle; so if you have trouble with Triangle you will have a nightmare with Master :wink:
                        I used Triangle green for many years without any trouble - I must be gentler and less often with my chalking than you* - and then went to Triangle spruce a few years ago after getting some over from the US and never looked back :biggrin:
                        The Triangle spruce is a bit less crumblier than the green but goes on well and stays there longer, hence less applications required.
                        Now all of the above about Triangle chalk is for pressed tips, as I have found a "generalisation" of Triangle chalk (regardless of colour) for pressed tips and Master chalk for laminated tip. Very generalised I know but that is what I have found

* I have a friend how grinds his chalk for every shot, sometimes twice as he thinks of the shot, so much so he has gone through three lumps (Triangle green) and two tips, for my one lump which still has lots of life in it :biggrin:
                        Last edited by DeanH; 19 July 2017, 05:12 PM.
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Silver cup green is my favourite ....followed by master grey .
                          Master green goes everywhere ...all over the table,cueball,fingers , cue etc

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                            Seems Master Green is leading even though it crumbles like Flake chocolate Mmmm.
                            Goes everywhere??? Hmmm opponents eyes? Oh yeah tactical advantage :angel:

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                              Will be having a look at the masters grey now..

Have a friend like that Dean but end up with a green hand and spins the cue at the same time, so wears the wood under the ferrule, so much that I've put new ferrules on two cues for him...

Comment

Working...
                              X