Tournament advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament advice...

I am strongly contemplating putting on a snooker event in 2018.
    Why next year? Because I want the best outcome for the event which will take time.
    The event should comprise of:
    - a tournament limited to 64 players
    - cue makers exhibition
    - cue repair service

My general thought is that the tournament will be round robin run and knock out over 3 days.
    I will be seeking hotel and food discounts
    Tournament will be in the north west of England

I have 2 confirmed sponsors in the bag along with several years of promoting experience.
    ---------
    What are your initial thoughts?
    Any ideas / feedback will be truly appreciated and valued.

Questions:
    What would you be willing to pay as entry fee?
    Are you prepared to travel?

Thank you for your time.
    Jason
    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
    National Snooker Expo
    25-27 October 2019
    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

try gettin a decent NW charity involved,
    not suggesting them but then it could be called something like the christies classic etc and become a regular thing, and tied into something like that will give it a lot more pull with the better players and cue makers / shops etc as well.... etting somewhere like that will also mean they do a bit of pulbicity for it and oter media are more likely to help out had similar within music stuff, as soon as good causes are mentioned then they tend to fall over each other to offer space for an interview and bits.

just a brain fart.

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
      try gettin a decent NW charity involved,
      not suggesting them but then it could be called something like the christies classic etc and become a regular thing, and tied into something like that will give it a lot more pull with the better players and cue makers / shops etc as well.... etting somewhere like that will also mean they do a bit of pulbicity for it and oter media are more likely to help out had similar within music stuff, as soon as good causes are mentioned then they tend to fall over each other to offer space for an interview and bits.

just a brain fart.
      That's one hell of a fart! I can smell it from here...
      I already had the word 'Classic' on my notes due to my American Pool background. It's a great word to use in the title of an event IMO.
      Thank you so much for this Andy - I'm on the case!
      National Snooker Expo
      25-27 October 2019

Comment

What kind of players are you looking to appeal to? I think this also fits into the prize money as a lower prize pool will dictate the standard of player.

Also will be level starts or will it be handicap system so the playing field is more level.

Lots to think about but I wish you the best.

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
          What kind of players are you looking to appeal to? I think this also fits into the prize money as a lower prize pool will dictate the standard of player.

Also will be level starts or will it be handicap system so the playing field is more level.

Lots to think about but I wish you the best.
          I'd like it to be pro-am,
          no handicap- or perhaps pros have to give 7 points
          National Snooker Expo
          25-27 October 2019

Comment

Sounds like a great idea, I'd probably enter as I'm in the NW. I think a slightly more expensive entry fee would be appealing to better players, but you'll get less average joes turning up for the crack if it's anything about £20. Depends what sort of standard event you want. Where will it be played?

Comment

Originally Posted by JohnF14722 View Post
              Sounds like a great idea, I'd probably enter as I'm in the NW. I think a slightly more expensive entry fee would be appealing to better players, but you'll get less average joes turning up for the crack if it's anything about £20. Depends what sort of standard event you want. Where will it be played?

Hi John,
              Didn't notice your reply.
              Am looking to hold it in Manchester. More info will be released as soon as I have it.
              Thanks
              Jason
              National Snooker Expo
              25-27 October 2019

Comment

Out of interest what would be the standard of play in a tournament like this?

What would an average break be?

I'm just interested as I play league snooker and wondered if the standard of play is much different.

Comment

It depends on the standard in your league I guess. Some leagues have a really high standard, with century breaks being made nearly every week. Others, like my local one, are lucky to have 50+ breaks, and in all its existence I think there's only ever been one century! I'd have though most half sensible league players should be able to play in an event like this without feeling too out-classed. Playing better players often brings out the best on your own game!
                  Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by Londonlad147 View Post
                    It depends on the standard in your league I guess. Some leagues have a really high standard, with century breaks being made nearly every week. Others, like my local one, are lucky to have 50+ breaks, and in all its existence I think there's only ever been one century! I'd have though most half sensible league players should be able to play in an event like this without feeling too out-classed. Playing better players often brings out the best on your own game!
                    I agree.
                    One of my aims is to enable all players involved to feel that they;
                    A. Have a competitive chance to do well
                    B. Feel their money is well spent
                    C. Enjoy playing against a wide range of players who can / will inspire them to be better players

The event itself will be a Pro Am tournament.
                    The term 'Pro' should (am hoping) inspire players who normally would not be given the chance to play a pro.
                    National Snooker Expo
                    25-27 October 2019

Comment

Hi,

Would you be in need of a qualified referee?

I passed my class 3 exam recently and would love to referee for you if you're interested?

Comment

Originally Posted by marktebbutt View Post
                        Hi,

Would you be in need of a qualified referee?

I passed my class 3 exam recently and would love to referee for you if you're interested?
                        Hi Mark,
                        Yes we will require officials at some stage of the events tournament...
                        PM me to discuss further.
                        Thanks
                        Jason
                        National Snooker Expo
                        25-27 October 2019

Comment

NSE UPDATE 1
                          I have decided to go with the working title of...
                          National Snooker Expo
                          Here is the link to our holding page and aim to launch the official www in the coming months.
                          http://nationalsnookerexpo.com/

The venue selection process is underway with some very nice options being discussed.

Further updates will be released asap.

PS
                          I'm not a hero or a know it all and should like to invite TSF and / or its members to get involved...
                          Jason
                          National Snooker Expo
                          25-27 October 2019

Comment

Hi guys
                            I recently sent TSF an email to admin, with no reply.
                            Who is best admin to send pm too?
                            Thanks
                            Jason
                            National Snooker Expo
                            25-27 October 2019

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                              Hi guys
                              I recently sent TSF an email to admin, with no reply.
                              Who is best admin to send pm too?
                              Thanks
                              Jason
                              hi
                              you can send to me, Neil and ADR and we will make sure your message gets through to the necessary person
                              whoever that may be :wink:
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X