Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cue not delivered

Hi all,

Seeking your advice/insights of how you see the following situation.

Bought/ordered a cue and add-ons at a reputable and well known far east cue maker.
    Made prepayment on order and final payment before the shipping. I had no complaints regarding progress or communication during production. My cue was made according my specs. But was an ordinary ebony one, just with very stiff shaft and 18 inch balance point.
    Was assured that their shipping service was safe and history had only one missed cue during their not so short carrier. So they shipped out me my cue. I got a tracking number.
    Was very glad that it is finally made and shipped out as i waited 3 months for this.
    Time passed and my cue still wasn't there. I tracked it everyday day, and results were same - parcel stuck in France and never reached my country. Kept contact with the seller, he contacted shipping service and we were told to wait more. So we waited. Until final deadline. It still was missing. So the seller had issued a search claim with shipping service company.
    Now we have to wait for the results of parcel search which might take 45-60 days with unknown outcome.
    Seller have informed me about following options for me:
    we are waiting for search results and in case of lost parcel im offered a insurance refund of ~50EUR (cue itself cost ~190EUR+60EUR add-ons+40EUR shipping); why the amount of insurance is so silly small i don't know....;
    he is redoing new cue right now (and possibly gets lost cue back or takes insurance), im paying for all the add-ons again and i pay for the shipping again (but now im offered to send it by DHL for ~150EUR) and he sends it out once more.

Does this seem a fair trade to you? Seller says its normal cue business practice.
    How can i be responsible for those losses as a buyer if i even had not got a parcel?

Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

Robertas

If you type the ref; number and parcel carrier details here, I'll take a look.
    For what its worth, I sent a package out to France 2 weeks ago and is yet to arrive - this was sent by Royal mail.
    ---
    RE; shippment - Package should have had insurance up to the value of the product, in this case 250 euro and would have made little difference to the cost.
    ---
    At least the cue maker is willing to make you a new cue... :snooker:
    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
    National Snooker Expo
    25-27 October 2019
    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

its thailand post: CP029419160TH

I agree about shipping insurance value. I see this as sellers responsibility to secure shipment financially via insurance and physically via proper packaging.

Comment

As the buyer you should either demand a full refund, or willing to wait till he makes another cue.
        BUT you should not have to pay out any more money!

Comment

Am thinking the same jrc750! It was strange to hear this from a reputable manufacturer...

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            As the buyer you should either demand a full refund, or willing to wait till he makes another cue.
            that is in fact the law in most countries.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              that is in fact the law in most countries.
              Thanks!

PS. am still using one of your branded thai cues!

Comment

It's not your fault he only insured it for 50 Euros, that s got nothing to do with you, he owes you what you paid, possibly less postage( would that be right?).
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by minionas View Post
                  its thailand post: CP029419160TH

I agree about shipping insurance value. I see this as sellers responsibility to secure shipment financially via insurance and physically via proper packaging.
                  Having looked at this, you will be better off using a more recognised worldwide shipping company such as:
                  DHL or FEDEX - It may work out more expensive which you may choose to split the costs 50/50 - These company's tend not to lose their cargo or are very fast to reimburse you if they do.
                  ---
                  I've never heard of or used Thailand post.
                  However it does state PENDING and awaiting info...
                  Some carriers only update their tracking system 1 or 2 times daily or even when the package has been delivered.
                  Last edited by the lone wolf; 2 September 2017, 04:48 PM.
                  "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                  National Snooker Expo
                  25-27 October 2019
                  http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                    Having looked at this, you will be better off using a more recognised worldwide shipping company such as:
                    DHL or FEDEX - It may work out more expensive which you may choose to split the costs 50/50 - These company's tend not to lose their cargo or are very fast to reimburse you if they do.
                    ---
                    Yes. I guess the seller himself is surprised parcel was lost, as it never happened to him. Thats why maybe, i was not offered of other shipping options, which are more expensive.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      It's not your fault he only insured it for 50 Euros, that s got nothing to do with you, he owes you what you paid, possibly less postage( would that be right?).
                      would agree with this as it seams fair

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        I agree, no way you should have to pay anymore.
                        Cue makers problem that is not got to you....

I would never send a cue that is not covered for the full cost....
                        If I have to make another one, I get the cost of the other one back..
                        For that one you've always wanted...
                        https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post

I have to say long term this will kill you mate - the insurance costs are not worth it, they never pay and you jump through so many hoops it is cheaper and easier just to take the hit, I lose maybe 10 a year and the only time I worry is when it is a pile of cues say £10k worth and for that I have a special cargo insurance. Clegg Gifford if you are interested I get £100k cover for £250 a year on any delivery anywhere.
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                            ---
                            However it does state PENDING and awaiting info...
                            Some carriers only update their tracking system 1 or 2 times daily or even when the package has been delivered.
                            Most of the Thai cue makers don't sue DHL, FeDEX..... They all use their local Thai post. Much more cheaper but they still charge high.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post

i agree, it must be insured fully, still the buyer pays shipping most of the time, so where is the problem for the cue maker?

Comment

Working...
                              X