Cueing across

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cueing across

If I look at OB at strike, often I can tell in my peripheral vision I hit off centre.

Keeping eye on CB seems to mean I cue straight.

Both methods seem to work equally but longer pots I seem to make easier looking at CB.

Age old debate as to what is better. I feel as if only I could cue straight without looking, i would prefer to focus on BOB, but if I do this I can hear myself strike off centre.

Good thing is I am starting to understand my faults.

Anyone help with this?

I have much the same problem, 1-2 out of 10 relatively simple pots I will miss due to 'trying to pot the ball when I'm down on the shot as I call it'

When I pot the ball from above, then I have the right line, i just try to go down and cue it smooth and straight and you cant really miss.
    The problem is in your mind and your body following the natural tendency to try and pot the ball when your down when actually that is ironically what is making you miss by cueing across the line of aim.

Comment

Now I am thinking it's always still the subconscious that made me doubt the aiming line subsequently twitching the sighting..
      When I stand behind the shot, aiming line is always clear as BOTH eye worked out the line where you should approach. However, in my case, when get down the shot, 7,8 out of 10 I approached with correct dominant eye(left),straight down everything is happy but my right eye sighting would come out of nowhere and letting me doubt the aiming, which always happened when front pause is done and focus is switched back from CB to BOB, I really don't know if it's my eye problem or a technical issue. I've tested this on SIGHTRIGHT plate. When I am on correct line(broken line became one for my dominant, as it is my SUBCONSCIOUS aim line), but if I focus on right eye ,even without any movement, now I see the broken line. It sounds normal for a cue-not-on-middle-chin player but I really think it would be biggest reason why makes me twitching all the time. If I can approach the shot 100% same and correct every time, I really think my improvement will get much quicker.

Comment

Working...
      X