Log cabin outbuilding Snooker Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log cabin outbuilding Snooker Room

Does anyone know where to start on this for me?

The planning permission side I have covered I have an architect in my work who'll take care of all that for me.

But in terms of the building itself, construction materials and a builder/joiner to do the work.
    Can anyone reccomend anyone? I'm in Glasgow by the way there must be someone north of the border who's undertaken this project I know lot of you guys are down south but any helpful would be welcomed.

Thanks

Derek

if you are going the planning permission route, presumably you could go for a breeze block/brick build, which might be cheaper ?

Comment

Originally Posted by DG GIBERT View Post
      if you are going the planning permission route, presumably you could go for a breeze block/brick build, which might be cheaper ?
      Think log cabin option is cheaper?

I don't think I'll fall under permitted development guidelines as my house and surrounding land is not massive I would estimate the building would take up about 60-70% of my back garden area which is obviously more than the 50% of the size of the original houses land.

Comment

Andrew Watts on here lives in Glasgow and recently had a snooker room built, get in touch with him for some ideas

Comment

Is that ADR147?

Comment

Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
            Is that ADR147?
            no that is different Andrew

see the below that JRC is referring to
            http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...om-garden-room
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

You could try Dunster House, they make purpose built wooden out buildings that are fully insulated in the walls, floors and the roofing, you can build your own walling where ever you need it internally

https://dunsterhouse.co.uk

Comment

I may be wrong but I thought I read recently that Dunster had stopped making the big snooker size option?

Comment

Really, I was under the impression you could specify the size required.... but hey I could be wrong, I am only recommending because I have a huge shed from them and it is brilliantly made

Comment

as I say I may be wrong
                    hopefully some will contact them and see if they still do the size

Comment

Try this firm delivers to UK ask for custom made internal 7.5 meters by 5 meters version of this Garage type cabin but without the big twin doors

https://www.tuin.co.uk/Extra-Extra-L....7-x-5.7m.html
                      [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
                        Does anyone know where to start on this for me?

The planning permission side I have covered I have an architect in my work who'll take care of all that for me.

But in terms of the building itself, construction materials and a builder/joiner to do the work.
                        Can anyone reccomend anyone? I'm in Glasgow by the way there must be someone north of the border who's undertaken this project I know lot of you guys are down south but any helpful would be welcomed.

Thanks

Derek
                        what sort of budget?
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Do it right, do it once.

If you can run to block work, it would be much better.

Whatever you do, don't stint on the insulation. If you do, it will cost a fortune to heat and you won't use it.
                          王可

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            what sort of budget?
                            Was planning around 7-10k hence log cabin construction keeping costs down.

Comment

Any update on this. Very interested to hear what you went for as I am in the same position, similar budget

Comment

Working...
                              X