Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to shop for a waistcoat?

Hi

I play three cushion billiards in the national championship here in Italy and they require to wear a waistcoat, dress shirt and trousers and formal shoes. Basically what snooker players wear on tv. Do you have suggestions where to shop a waistcoat?
    Something not too crazy but different from what a waiter would wear, something black in front and satin or of a different fabric on the back, maybe?
    Thank you

Try eBay see if you see sumthing
    Current playing cue Trevor White
    3/4 ash cue

Comment

Www.dobell.co.uk
      Not sure if they ship to Italy.

Comment

Originally Posted by Slh View Post
        Hi

I play three cushion billiards in the national championship here in Italy and they require to wear a waistcoat, dress shirt and trousers and formal shoes. Basically what snooker players wear on tv. Do you have suggestions where to shop a waistcoat?
        Something not too crazy but different from what a waiter would wear, something black in front and satin or of a different fabric on the back, maybe?
        Thank you
        Basically any tailor where you can buy suits. You may need to order one though depending on the store. When I had one of my suits made I made it a three piece suit so that I had the waist coat as well for snooker and formal occassions.

Comment

where to shop for a waistcoat?

many pros have extra long "tail" so as you bend over it falls back clean as you stand up.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
            Www.dobell.co.uk
            Not sure if they ship to Italy.
            they seem to ship to Italy, they got a pretty good selection. Thank you.
            Originally Posted by Csmith View Post
            Basically any tailor where you can buy suits. You may need to order one though depending on the store. When I had one of my suits made I made it a three piece suit so that I had the waist coat as well for snooker and formal occassions.
            this is an option too, I would rather avoid having one made bespoke, since I would wear the waistcoat rarely, six or seven times a year. Do you wear the waistcoat with the trousers you had made? Don't the trousers risk of being too worn compared to the jacket? Or do you have two sets of trousers?
            Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            many pros have extra long "tail" so as you bend over it falls back clean as you stand up.
            is the tail the botton back of the waistcoat?

fancying this waistcoat of Ebdon, not sure I can pull it off tho
            WA967835.jpg

Comment

yes the bit at the back

if you have a pony-tail hair style you can do "an Ebdon"

Comment

used to watch the 3 cushion carom when Agip used to sponsor an event which unfortunately stop back in 2013
                not seen much since
                love the side skill involved in the game

Comment

I have the green tartan one and the Victorian blue one. Both very nice. Don't wear them that often. Only in special tournaments eg finals, which don't happen that often lol.

Comment

I bought a waistcoat at H and M (for a wedding) any place that does cheap suits will sell them

Comment

The simple solution is to just Google 'snooker waistcoats' and at least 30 sites will come up, most of them in Britain
                      Terry Davidson
                      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Congratulations on making it to the national championship for three cushion billiards in Italy! It sounds like quite the accomplishment. As for finding a waistcoat that fits your needs, have you considered checking out wedding suit stores? They often carry formal wear that might work well for your needs. I found a website called Happy Gentleman that has a section for 3-piece wedding suits, which might have what you're looking for. Here's the link: https://happygentleman.com/product-c...wedding-suits/. Best of luck with your search, and I hope you find something that makes you feel confident and comfortable on the big day!

Comment

Elegant formal wear became fully functional and tailored to perfection. Form-fitting suit jackets, three-piece suits, and cuffed pants with creases created a strong silhouette for men of the era. leather jacket in usa

Comment

Working...
                          X