Evening from Newcastle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening from Newcastle

Thought I’d get round to joining having been a lurker for a few weeks. I’ve only been playing a few weeks after an invite from a work colleague. I used to be a fairly good pool player and found that has helped a little but finding the jump in difficulty quite a bit bigger than I thought.

I’ve got a birthday coming up and will be looking for advice about a cue but the budget isn’t huge so may look 2nd hand.

Currently playing on a Tuesday night at Newcastle Snooker Centre in Fenham but they don’t have a shop, although bob is happy to have a stand and banter and will probably have some advice when it comes to cues

In the North East the Greenbaize shop is a great place to look for a cue. I got my cue from there. Stu who runs it is really friendly and you can try the cues before you buy on one of the 2 snooker tables. It's in Stockton-On-Tees, near Middlesbrough.

Comment

Best advice given there , cues in all price ranges from a very well respected person in the snooker industry .

And welcome to TSF.
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Second that its the best place to go for a cue or a day out
        .pitty its down teeside we should get stu to open a shop up in Glasgow
        Current playing cue Trevor White
        3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
          Second that its the best place to go for a cue or a day out
          .pitty its down teeside we should get stu to open a shop up in Glasgow
          Dangerous if he did for you Stevie as you would never be out of it :biggrin:
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            Dangerous if he did for you Stevie as you would never be out of it :biggrin:
            He'd have to charge for the light to get me off the table

Comment

Working...
            X