Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying a camera?

Hi Guys

I am thinking of buying a video camara to record/analyze my game & technique.
    which way would you go, action or handycam? and what brand?

all recommendations & info is welcome

thanks in advance
    matt

Use your phone and an app called coach's eye.
    H.b.142

Comment

Originally Posted by lennon11 View Post
      Use your phone and an app called coach's eye.
      my phone isnt good enough for this, so I am really looking at the camera option.

just out of interest
      are you using this app? and did it help you?
      maybe you can put up some screenshots if you use it.

thanks
      matt

Comment

I don't use it,but nic barrow used it on my lesson,it's really good.
        H.b.142

Comment

A small hand held pocket camera with miniature tripod is fine. I've used them before. Something small and handy you can carry around

Comment

I bought a webcam for 20 euro in maplins, it`s a Logitech 720p hd webcam, I hooked it up above the table, it`s permanently attached to the roof, it`s a great job if you have a laptop you can record straight to your hard drive or facebook live, I just use the windows 10 built in camera to record, it`s a great job.

https://ibb.co/myAabQ

Comment

being a photographer and use anything from a go pro to a high end DSLR and film....

My advice would be to get a medium quality compact camera with a decent frame rate for recording video, good zoom for getting close up on viewing where you strike the white ball along with nice and wide angle for your stance as well.

my personal advice on a camera to anyone at the moment would be this. does everything you want for your snooker bits and a good quality camera for taking photos at other times.

and get a good sturdy tripod for your filming

http://www.wexphotographic.com/sony-cyber-shot-wx350-digital-camera-black-1549006/#ProductInfo

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                being a photographer and use anything from a go pro to a high end DSLR and film....

My advice would be to get a medium quality compact camera with a decent frame rate for recording video, good zoom for getting close up on viewing where you strike the white ball along with nice and wide angle for your stance as well.

my personal advice on a camera to anyone at the moment would be this. does everything you want for your snooker bits and a good quality camera for taking photos at other times.

and get a good sturdy tripod for your filming

http://www.wexphotographic.com/sony-cyber-shot-wx350-digital-camera-black-1549006/#ProductInfo

Thanks for that Andy.
                cheers
                matt

Comment

no worries, ive just spunked over 500 quid on a new compact camera just because of the lens on it for one certain type of photography haha... now if only i could get bloody paid for it more!!!

my website btw if you fancy a look at it.
                  A Northern Photographer - HOME

Comment

no worries, ive just spunked over 500 quid on a new compact camera just because of the lens on it for one certain type of photography haha... now if only i could get bloody paid for it more!!!

NICE !!!
                    really like some of those black & whites

Comment

go pros are fantastic, used them for my bicycle riding. I'm no photographer but it is a hobby. I have a dslr and the video quality is supreme. these days you can get some cracking deals new but also on 2nd hand basic to mid range models of dslr. as Andy said a better quality compact may be better for yourself, especially if its solely for this purpose, but if you think you may get into it a bit more then id opt for the dslr every time, your gonna miss out on how much freedom you have if you do get into it.
                      wee story..... my mate bought a canon dslr, it was a basic model, he started filming things, making little videos of random stuff, he then filmed a couple of weddings, then did some filming for an online magazine of bike parts being manufactured by hope in barnoldswick, off the back of that and the silly things he did to start off with he got a regular filming slot for them, he's now an accomplished videographer, all this because he just bought a camera... he, from my knowledge does not have any formal qualifications but his work is amazing. he now has a couple of top end dslr's, drones with camera mounts, gopro professional set ups, the works.
                      :snooker:

Comment

lovely photos andy. nice site.

Comment

cheers, think the lambos set it off :P

Comment

yeah they are nice. I'm more a fan of rocket ships disguised as estates..... rs6? that'll do nicely

in your water section the ones with the weirs, the one at the end with what looks like an old mill, albeit a small one, really like that.
                            water is a firm favourite of mine to shoot, so many things can be done with it. spent hours photographing rain hitting a railing on the balcony of my rented flat, wasn't really sure what I was trying to achieve but in the end, out of over 1000 photos from it I got 3 photos worth keeping, of the 3 there was only one nice one.

Comment

love the photography, mainly action shots of the dogs, not got the best of cameras but got a decent lens. Canon 450d but got the 70-300 f4 L series lens.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                              X