Televised 16 balls clearances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Televised 16 balls clearances

Quite a day with a 147 and a 16 red clearance, that must be the first time ever.

Has there been any other televised 16 red clearances than Mark Selbys today and Steve James from the 1991 WC?

I´ve never seen any videos of any other.

Mark Selbys is here. It´s quite funny when he get´s confused about the scoreline midways in the break

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU3NOXqhes8
    ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

I remeber YEAAAARS ago watching the Dr Martens snooker league in a match between parrott and white Mark Johnston-Allen was commentating talking about how he thought things were going to enter into the realms of 148-155 breaks. That was around 97 or 98, 20 years later and the magic 155 still eludes matchplay.

Comment

That's really funny. Rarely seen such a long exchange between players during a frame.

Comment

In answer to your question. I believe the answer is no. the only 2 on television...

Steve James v Alex Higgins, 1990 World Championship at the Crucible Theatre, Sheffield, 14th April 1990. Break 135.
        Mark Selby v Scott Donaldson, 2018 China Open at Beijing National Olympic Center Gymnasium, Beijing, China, 3rd April 2018. Break 141.

Comment

www.snooker.org/plr/records.shtml

Comment

Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
            In answer to your question. I believe the answer is no. the only 2 on television...

Steve James v Alex Higgins, 1990 World Championship at the Crucible Theatre, Sheffield, 14th April 1990. Break 135.
            Mark Selby v Scott Donaldson, 2018 China Open at Beijing National Olympic Center Gymnasium, Beijing, China, 3rd April 2018. Break 141.
            Thanks for the information.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
              Quite a day with a 147 and a 16 red clearance, that must be the first time ever....
              ...I´ve never seen any videos of any other.
              If this had been Ronnie, there would already be a three hour documentary about it on the BBC.

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                If this had been Ronnie, there would already be a three hour documentary about it on the BBC.

-
                Yes actually it´s quite funny, as Selbys 16 red clearance will be remembered 10 years from now, but a 147 doesn´t have quite the same glory any longer. Even though it´s still something quite special.

Comment

Working...
                X