Aspiring to make a snooker cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspiring to make a snooker cue

I'm looking to make a cue for the first time. I have most hand tools ready and some nortb american ash. Some guidence would be amazing. I hit 85 break 3 weeks ago with a throwy woods cue. Would be nice to make my own cue and win a match and initially try break 50 with it rob https://www.facebook.com/robbie7891

This is not a how to make a cue guide because I have never made one and don't know how.

But it might be best to list what tools / machines you have because only hand tools alone is the ye old way and is something different to how someone serious would go about it these days.

John Parris for example says "hand made" but he has plenty of industrial machines in his workshop.

Comment

Originally Posted by Welsh View Post
      This is not a how to make a cue guide because I have never made one and don't know how.

But it might be best to list what tools / machines you have because only hand tools alone is the ye old way and is something different to how someone serious would go about it these days.

John Parris for example says "hand made" but he has plenty of industrial machines in his workshop.
      Well you're gonna be hard pressed to fit joints accurately without the use of machines

Already been discussed that the collection cues are turned by lathe to an oversize taper then hand planed the rest of the way, supposedly only paragon and ultimate are hand planed from start to finish.

Comment

you tube is your friend here, you will find most things you need to know if you look hard enough.

Nobody is just going to tell you how to make a cue though, so be prepared to do lots of research.
        http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Yep, there is probably enough on youtube - but I'd start with some broom handles as those people have a LOT of knowledge and experience....

Good luck, and keep us updated

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
            Well you're gonna be hard pressed to fit joints accurately without the use of machines

Already been discussed that the collection cues are turned by lathe to an oversize taper then hand planed the rest of the way, supposedly only paragon and ultimate are hand planed from start to finish.
            They are not the only cues planned from start to finish, unless your talking about Parris
            For that one you've always wanted...
            https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
              They are not the only cues planned from start to finish, unless your talking about Parris
              I was but in the end i doubt it makes much difference if they're all lathe turned or hand planed, just one takes much longer for the same result.

Comment

Working...
              X