Cue Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Cleaning

I havn't removed the lacquer from my snooker cue because I fear it might start bending. However, I want to get rid of the chalk stains on the cue. Should I use wood cleaners on top of the lacuquer? Will a cue towel be useful for cleaning after playing?

Removing the lacquer won't make the cue bend. It's just a finish. If it's sticking to your hand and bothering you, there's plenty of threads on here which can let you know the best way to remove the lacquer and oil the cue. Or, do what I do, and pay someone who knows what they're doing to do it for you. I find that lots of cue maintenance and alterations are pretty cheap at the cue doctors, and i'm pretty lazy, so I've never really felt the need to DIY it.

I use a microfiber cloth for cleaning. Just wipe down the cue after each session. If that isn't enough, I'll make the cloth slightly damp (i.e. not very damp at all) , and give a quick wipe and then buff it dry with another microfiber cloth.

Comment

Tissue and water has always worked for me. Get a wad of tissue, wet it under a tap and wipe up and down the cue while pinching the ferrule so you don't damage the tip. It doesn't need to be drenched and just a small amount of water is enough to remove chalk and room dust. If it's white tissue it's much easier to see what you're removing. Have dry tissue on standby to wipe it bone dry and this keeps my cue so smooth I can't feel it on my bridge hand.
      www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

When I apply any wood cleaner or water, is it ok to apply it on top of the lacquer?

Comment

Also, How do I clean the cue splice? That part of my cue is kind of messy

Comment

I normally just use baby wipes then a rub down with a micro-fibre cloth

Comment

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ight=wet+wipes

Comment

I use windex or alcool, it evaporates so does not get sucked into the wood. Damp the rag with a little windex, wipe down the whole cue a couple of times, look at rag, it takes off all the oil and dirt, drys instantly. ready to use. Cheers
                I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Lidl sell packets of wipes for 35p or 39p they are brilliant and easily fit in your case . They also dont leave a sticky residue . I use one and you really see the chalk come off . Then I buff dry with a soft cue towel . Every now and again I apply a wax called Heritage wax , its available form ebay and costs about £8 but will last for ages . Rub it in , leave it for 5 then buff up with a cloth . Britannia also make waxes for ash and maple shafts .

Comment

Working...
                  X