Another question on a foul.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question on a foul.

A player is on a Red, pots it but then goes in-off. In the process the Black is potted, what is the penalty please?

I had it in mind that had the player potted the Red (or not for that matter) and had gone in-off after clipping the Black, that would have been a penalty of 4 points but, as the Black was actually potted, then this would have resulted in a penalty of 7 points. Am I correct in thinking this.......................or not?

Many thanks
    Last edited by bluenose1940; 7 April 2018, 10:27 AM.

7 point foul

Comment

as JRC250 says you are correct, 7 penalty points.
      :wink:

I had similar in a club comp, he potted a red (ball on) and the cue ball then knocked the pink in another pocket; he said just 4 penalty points; but luckily another person watching said "no 6 as the pink is off the table when you were on Red" -

Sec3.10 Penalties
      The following acts are fouls and incur a penalty of four points unless a higher one is indicated in paragraphs (a) to (d) below. Penalties are:
      (b) value of the ball on or ball concerned, whichever is higher, by:
      (iii) causing a ball not on to enter a pocket;
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thank you chaps, much appreciated.

Comment

There are two separate infringements of the rules: the cue ball going in off, for which the penalty is four (value of ball on or four, whichever is higher), and secondly pocketing a ball not on (the black) for which the penalty is seven. The highest penalty applies, so seven points in this case.
          Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Working...
          X