break building routines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• break building routines

Hi im looking for routines on break building, i start by doing 5 reds into each corner pocket to warm my cueing up once im comfortable i pot blacks consecutively off the spot, i then do the T line-up however my game has stopped improving, im looking for better break building routines maybe harder ones to help improve, im also looking for some safety routines to practice, i only know of the 5 reds below pink in line with the corner pockets.

Any routines or help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by Snookerman147 View Post
    Hi im looking for routines on break building, i start by doing 5 reds into each corner pocket to warm my cueing up once im comfortable i pot blacks consecutively off the spot, i then do the T line-up however my game has stopped improving, im looking for better break building routines maybe harder ones to help improve, im also looking for some safety routines to practice, i only know of the 5 reds below pink in line with the corner pockets.

Any routines or help would be greatly appreciated.
    I'd always recommend some real situation type practice as well as completely set up routines.

Steve Barton, (tedisbill) on here, has a great break building video on his YouTube site, where he makes 83 from a "semi" set position. I think it should be fairly easy to recreate your self and helps with the cannon shots required and make bigger breaks when playing real games / matches. Learning the reaction and pace of the white on these shots is invaluable in progressing your game.

I remember ROS doing a good safety clinic with Kyren on his TV show once. Will see if I can dig it out.
    βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

That is great thanks, yeah the ROS safety clinic would be great just looking to take my safety game to the next level, and i feel id greatly improve my break building if i had some hard situations i could practice.

Comment

Originally Posted by Snookerman147 View Post
        That is great thanks, yeah the ROS safety clinic would be great just looking to take my safety game to the next level, and i feel id greatly improve my break building if i had some hard situations i could practice.
        Cant find a video anywhere of the ROS episode, but from memory (forgive the crap picture, but it paints a thousand words ; )

Take 3 reds and place them on the baulk cushion directly in line with each baulk colour. The aim is to try and play a safety shot off the reds down the table and attempt to softly cannon one of these reds on the baulk line. The white can be anywhere on the table really, you can position down the table even, playing a run away shot back to balk, lots of options.The point being these are optimal positions to leave an opponent in. The idea also provides a focus for the mind to concentrate on which red you choose to lay on and is more fun than most safety practice cos you can have a little comp with a mate doing it.

[IMG][/IMG]
        Last edited by Cue crafty; 1 December 2018, 03:54 PM.
        βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

If you have someone to practice that with then try this:
          Set up the table as per the start of a match, but only use 3 or 6 Reds.
          Play as per usual ie pots\breaks, but only points from Fouls count.
          Who ever is ahead when the Pink is potted wins.

Comment

That’s great thanks, no the picture is pretty clear haha il give this a go

Comment

Routines are great but i'd say you're better off playing better players and learning from them. There's no bigger learning curve than missing when in the balls and seeing a better player clear the table.
              For genuine practice sessions routines like the T or X are great, line up is underrated as it's so important to keep the cue ball away from the cushions to clear this properly.
              "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Working...
              X