Isle of Wight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isle of Wight

Hey folks. Just checking in to say Hi. Played competitively up until 20 years ago when life got too busy. Now my 10 y/o son wants Dad to teach him to play so I guess I'm back! Now living on the IOW and about to test play a new Taylor Made Classic cue which looks and feels spot on. We'll soon find out if it is!

Originally Posted by WIGHTDIAMOND View Post
    Hey folks. Just checking in to say Hi. Played competitively up until 20 years ago when life got too busy. Now my 10 y/o son wants Dad to teach him to play so I guess I'm back! Now living on the IOW and about to test play a new Taylor Made Classic cue which looks and feels spot on. We'll soon find out if it is!
    Welcome to the forum, good luck with teaching your son, I enjoyed teaching mine a while back and spent lots of hours with him.

Nice to see someone down my neck of the woods playing, I hear the IOW used to be a great haven for snooker players a few years ago.
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Isle of Wight

welcome to TSF
      I was your neck of the woods last weekend
      love IOW

How many clubs/tables you know of on the Isle?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Cheers. Not many. I know of 3 at the moment but luckily the Concervative Club in the same street as me has two so I'm good to go!

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
          Welcome to the forum, good luck with teaching your son, I enjoyed teaching mine a while back and spent lots of hours with him.

Nice to see someone down my neck of the woods playing, I hear the IOW used to be a great haven for snooker players a few years ago.
          Cheers mate. Let's hope we can help make it great again! Don't hold your breath, tho!

Comment

Originally Posted by WIGHTDIAMOND View Post
            Cheers. Not many. I know of 3 at the moment but luckily the Concervative Club in the same street as me has two so I'm good to go!
            Which one, I went past the Shanklin one on Saturday, could have popped in

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              Which one, I went past the Shanklin one on Saturday, could have popped in
              East Cowes. Clarence Road. I've not seen them myself yet but am told they're decent. Hope to pop in this week at some point.

Comment

Isle of Wight

of course used east cowes for the ferry -luckily smooth on Friday and Sunday last

have fun let us know how your son gets on

Comment

Will do, cheers Dean!

Comment

Welcome. I played a tournament in IOW about 25 years ago. They had a couple of players who turned pro. Two Steve’s - Russell and Elliott

Comment

Cheers GG. I'll look out for them!

Comment

I lived on the IOW for 3 years and there's a proper snooker hall in Newport, should your local Con club prove inadequate!

Luke Simmonds is another islander that along with the two Steve's used to be a main tour pro. Along with Marco Fu and Ken Doherty, Luke is the only other player to win the World Amateur and World U21 Amateur title in the same year.
                        I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Originally Posted by magicman View Post
                          I lived on the IOW for 3 years and there's a proper snooker hall in Newport, should your local Con club prove inadequate!

Luke Simmonds is another islander that along with the two Steve's used to be a main tour pro. Along with Marco Fu and Ken Doherty, Luke is the only other player to win the World Amateur and World U21 Amateur title in the same year.
                          Wow! Some good guys then! The Ambassador Snooker Club must be the one you’re referring to?

Comment

Yeah that's the one. They do some decent food there too!
                            I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Originally Posted by magicman View Post
                              Yeah that's the one. They do some decent food there too!
                              Am taking my son there this morning! ��

Comment

Working...
                              X